WELL...since I have a few minutes before class starts...I figured I should get a little caught up on my blogging!! I don't know why, but recently I just haven't been up to blogging...well up to doing much of anything for that matter. And I lied, I do know why. ;) BUT more on that later...
I just want to begin by saying that I am STOKED that it has finally decided to warm up a little outside! I have had enough of winter! At our apartments we have a pool, so I think it will be time to swim pretty soon! Which is, by far, my all time favorite thing to do.
Last Saturday, the 16th, I threw a baby shower for my sister. It was a lot of fun, and I think it turned 0ut better than I thought it was going to! It was the first time I had ever thrown any sort of any thing for anyone. HA! It was a blast having my sister, Josh, and Aiden spend some time with us.
I went and got my eyes checked yesterday...I figured I might need glasses. I have had issues with pain behind my eyes my entire life, and I've always suffered from pretty severe migraines. It just so happens that I don't need glasses after all. I guess it didn't come as too much of a shocker though. I have always had a "lazy eye"...my mom patched it when I was kid...which of course I loved...what kind of kid WOULDN'T want to look like a pirate? ARRR. Yeah right. I'm pretty sure I stopped wearing it too soon, but it kind of got better. I mean, only certain people even know about it anyway. It isn't that noticeable. SO this eye has always caused me some problems. Basically, I can't read out of it and my vision in that eye is pretty awful. I don't notice it much though because my left eye is nearly perfect and it dominates my eyesight, so things look normal. To me, at least, since I wouldn't know any different. Well this isn't exactly the first doctor that has told me that glasses would not help me. I have this weird...condition? Where I only focus with one eye at a time. (which is usually my strong eye.) If I were to get glasses, I would not be able to train my brain into seeing things with both eyes at the same time, so it would not even make a difference. I don't know how common that is for people...I don't think it really is. But the doctor said that it's actaully a pretty good set up for me, considering how much worse my right eye is than my left eye. He said if I focused with both eyes at the same time, I would end up getting pretty dizzy/disoriented. So...I think I will be okay. HA! Also, I know that my right eye is ultra sensitive to light, and that may be what is causing some of the headaches, since the pupil dilates much more slowly than normal.
Anyways...enough about that! As many of you know, Casey is planning on quitting his job in August so that we can move to Pasco, where I will do the Dental Hygeine program, and he will go back to school as well. He doesn't want to do manual labor his entire life, and the hours are hard on his body. (Even though he won't ever admit that part.) This sounds like an amazing plan....but we've had a couple of curve balls come our way...and now the decision doesn't seem as clear. To me, anyway. Casey got an amazing promotion! His annual salary will be very large...and the benefits are pretty great where he works. Now I'm wondering if it would be wise to leave? Especailly now that we have a baby on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know right!???? Seems a little bit crazy, but we are going to be parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am due December 1st. AHHHH!!!!! We just have a lot of praying/pondering to do, but I am sure we will know what will be best for us.
So far this pregnancy has been...exhausting. HAHA. I am always tired. I am always hungry as well, which in turn makes me soooo nausiated! I have just been so sick, not even actually throwing up, just very queezy. Hence, my not wanting to do ANYTHING. At all. I hope that feeling passes soon. That would be nice. :) Something that just really excites me is that Casey is SOOOO happy about the whole thing!! He is so excited, and he totes his little ultrasound (yes, the doctor gave him his own. :) ) around with him, like a proud daddy. He is so cute. When he found out, his face was absolutely beaming. That was nothing, however, compared to how pleased he looked when he saw and heard our "Little Blueberry's" heart beat for the first time. It was precious.
For the next couple weeks we are living over at Jorgensen's babysitting their kids while they are in Itally. So far the kids have been great. They are being very helpful and a lot of fun. We enjoy spending time with those kids, they are such fun kids. Lesli and I have made it our tradition to make something every day.(Last time it had to be out of eggs, but this time we have expanded our horizons. :) ) So far we've made a chocolate custard cake, tapioca pudding, and today we are going to make pretzels! We have a pretty big list of things to make this time...watch out! haha.
My classes are going well. I am doing great in my online class, Medical Terminology. I am doing well in Statistics, although it is SOOO DIFFICULT. I am also taking a painting class, and I have done some cool paintings. I will have to take pictures of them. The thing that really gets me about that class, though, is that it is 3 hours long!! I cannot stand that. Especailly because I just feel so sick during the day. I have really learned a lot in there, though.
I think that is pretty much all I have to say for now. At least, that is all I can handle to type right now! WHEW! This was a long one! I hope it doesn't bore everyone to death. :) Have a Happy Memorial weekend!!!! :D
I just want to begin by saying that I am STOKED that it has finally decided to warm up a little outside! I have had enough of winter! At our apartments we have a pool, so I think it will be time to swim pretty soon! Which is, by far, my all time favorite thing to do.
Last Saturday, the 16th, I threw a baby shower for my sister. It was a lot of fun, and I think it turned 0ut better than I thought it was going to! It was the first time I had ever thrown any sort of any thing for anyone. HA! It was a blast having my sister, Josh, and Aiden spend some time with us.
I went and got my eyes checked yesterday...I figured I might need glasses. I have had issues with pain behind my eyes my entire life, and I've always suffered from pretty severe migraines. It just so happens that I don't need glasses after all. I guess it didn't come as too much of a shocker though. I have always had a "lazy eye"...my mom patched it when I was kid...which of course I loved...what kind of kid WOULDN'T want to look like a pirate? ARRR. Yeah right. I'm pretty sure I stopped wearing it too soon, but it kind of got better. I mean, only certain people even know about it anyway. It isn't that noticeable. SO this eye has always caused me some problems. Basically, I can't read out of it and my vision in that eye is pretty awful. I don't notice it much though because my left eye is nearly perfect and it dominates my eyesight, so things look normal. To me, at least, since I wouldn't know any different. Well this isn't exactly the first doctor that has told me that glasses would not help me. I have this weird...condition? Where I only focus with one eye at a time. (which is usually my strong eye.) If I were to get glasses, I would not be able to train my brain into seeing things with both eyes at the same time, so it would not even make a difference. I don't know how common that is for people...I don't think it really is. But the doctor said that it's actaully a pretty good set up for me, considering how much worse my right eye is than my left eye. He said if I focused with both eyes at the same time, I would end up getting pretty dizzy/disoriented. So...I think I will be okay. HA! Also, I know that my right eye is ultra sensitive to light, and that may be what is causing some of the headaches, since the pupil dilates much more slowly than normal.
Anyways...enough about that! As many of you know, Casey is planning on quitting his job in August so that we can move to Pasco, where I will do the Dental Hygeine program, and he will go back to school as well. He doesn't want to do manual labor his entire life, and the hours are hard on his body. (Even though he won't ever admit that part.) This sounds like an amazing plan....but we've had a couple of curve balls come our way...and now the decision doesn't seem as clear. To me, anyway. Casey got an amazing promotion! His annual salary will be very large...and the benefits are pretty great where he works. Now I'm wondering if it would be wise to leave? Especailly now that we have a baby on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know right!???? Seems a little bit crazy, but we are going to be parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am due December 1st. AHHHH!!!!! We just have a lot of praying/pondering to do, but I am sure we will know what will be best for us.
So far this pregnancy has been...exhausting. HAHA. I am always tired. I am always hungry as well, which in turn makes me soooo nausiated! I have just been so sick, not even actually throwing up, just very queezy. Hence, my not wanting to do ANYTHING. At all. I hope that feeling passes soon. That would be nice. :) Something that just really excites me is that Casey is SOOOO happy about the whole thing!! He is so excited, and he totes his little ultrasound (yes, the doctor gave him his own. :) ) around with him, like a proud daddy. He is so cute. When he found out, his face was absolutely beaming. That was nothing, however, compared to how pleased he looked when he saw and heard our "Little Blueberry's" heart beat for the first time. It was precious.
For the next couple weeks we are living over at Jorgensen's babysitting their kids while they are in Itally. So far the kids have been great. They are being very helpful and a lot of fun. We enjoy spending time with those kids, they are such fun kids. Lesli and I have made it our tradition to make something every day.(Last time it had to be out of eggs, but this time we have expanded our horizons. :) ) So far we've made a chocolate custard cake, tapioca pudding, and today we are going to make pretzels! We have a pretty big list of things to make this time...watch out! haha.
My classes are going well. I am doing great in my online class, Medical Terminology. I am doing well in Statistics, although it is SOOO DIFFICULT. I am also taking a painting class, and I have done some cool paintings. I will have to take pictures of them. The thing that really gets me about that class, though, is that it is 3 hours long!! I cannot stand that. Especailly because I just feel so sick during the day. I have really learned a lot in there, though.
I think that is pretty much all I have to say for now. At least, that is all I can handle to type right now! WHEW! This was a long one! I hope it doesn't bore everyone to death. :) Have a Happy Memorial weekend!!!! :D







1 comments:
Aww Schwester! I loved your blog, it didn't bore me AT ALL! :) Hehe! About the job/ school/ baby decisions... all you can do is pray about it. (And of course you already know that! :P) The Lord will provide the way. I'm very proud of both of your accomplishments. Never doubt yourself and always move forward. The Lord wants us to progress in this life and be "all that we can be". (go Army! haha!) I love you!
Love GAGA
ps. You threw an AMAZING babyshower! I loved it!!!
Post a Comment