CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

spring is in the air...(again!)

Emma and Chandler. BFF :) (Karyn's baby boy)


Spring Break was a lot of fun. We spent the week in Moses Lake, and we got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. Casey worked all week laying stone, so we even made some money! :) That's always a plus. It's nice that he has so many skills. Masonry, curbing, roofing, etc. You name it, Marlatts can do it. It has been a blessing to us that Casey has been brought up to be such a hard worker. He has been doing small jobs here and there, so he doesn't even need a full time job. This is the perfect situation for a full time college student that has a 4 month old baby at home!
Well we still haven't fed Emma rice cereal yet...long story. But we wanted to start her on it a while ago!! Oh well. Soon. But on Easter we did give her some mashed potatoes-which she adored! Although she really couldn't figure out the whole "eating real food" thing. Lol. She did not, however, like yams in the least bit. Casey applauds her for that. ;) It's fun to see your baby learn new things and develop. It's not fun to think about them growing up. I am having a hard time with that. She is not my little stationary baby anymore...we have to keep a close eye on this one! Well, at least she isn't crawling yet. It has been a little sad to me that she doesn't like to be cuddled to sleep. When we first brought her home she would not, she COULD not sleep unless we held her until she was unmistakenly OUT. Otherwise we would have to start alllll over again, and this could be a 3 hour long process some nights. And this baby could SCREAM. I used to get so frustrated...I was so stressed out and just so sleep deprived!! Emma was awful at night. But now we can't cuddle her even if we wanted to. When she's tired, and boy will she let you know it, she does not want to be touched. You lay her down in her crib, and that's that. I don't like the thought of her maybe someday not even wanting to be held any more at all!! That will be so sad. I am trying my hardest to cherish every moment of her infancy because it only lasts a year! She is getting so coordinated and she holds things all on her own which is fun to see. I always try to record the silliest little details of her development, because it is fun looking back and remembering it all.
Karyn, Jason, and Chandler came over for dinner last night. We had fun! And Karyn even did our hair! Thanks friend, you are awesome!! :) I knew there was a reason for you to do cosmetology. HAHA JK. ;)
I have some really good pics I took in Moses during spring break...but I have to get
them off of Casey's laptop...and then I will post them!! :)

0 comments: