CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Food. And Emma.








Yesterday Karyn and I made homemade applesauce! It was delicious!! And the best part is that it only took apples and a bit of water...no sugar! It turned out really good, plus the water you drain out is actually amazing tasting apple juice!! MMM!! Also, yesterday I made banana bread. Not just any old banana bread. This stuff is called "super moist banana bread" AND the name does not lie! Every time I've made it, it has been extremely moist. It is, without a doubt, the most amazing recipe for it that I have ever tasted. I got it out of one of those ward cookbooks that the relief society ladies sometimes put together. And let me tell you, I will never use another recipe for banana bread!! I had to make it with one hand because Emma is a born cook. She will not let me cook (or eat) anything without being involved! Lol. It is fun though. I am so excited for when she gets old enough to actually HELP me rather than just be a 12lb weight on my left arm! Oh well. It's kind of cute. ;)

We are going to start Emma on rice cereal...she has been ready for a while already. However, everyone is saying different things about it, not to feed your infants food until they are 6 months, wait until your baby can sit with support, and "well you should be feeding your baby rice cereal from day 1!!" I think you can tell when your baby is ready though, and we have decided that she is! She has always been incredibly strong, holding up her head and such. She sits up just fine (with support of course. :) She is not even 4 months yet.) But lately we are noticing that she just isn't getting quite as full as she used to. Besides, the girl has been showing great interest in food for a couple of months now! She even goes as far as to pull my plate toward herself while I am eating. LOL!

Quick Emma update: 4 months April 3rd, About 12lb, 23in. She is outgrowing her 0-3 month clothes! :( But she has a ton of "3 month" clothes that are gigantic on her, which is weird. She is great at going down for naps and bedtime...still loves baths and diaper changes...still teething and not liking it one bit...grabbing and trying to eat everything...rolling, smiling, giggling, gurgling and TALKING NONSTOP!!! hahaha! It's so funny. :) Our latest discovery is that no matter what, Emma does not fuss outside. She absolutely adores the outdoors, which we are very grateful for!!!

This week was finals. Casey is actually at school right now, most likely finishing his last final!! YAY! :) 8 years may be a long time to be in school. But it has been just flying by!!

1 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

EMMA POOH- EMMA EMMA POOH! :) Oh how I adore her not-so-quiet demeanor. :) lol!!!!