CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

my talents

D&C 60:13 tells us not to bury our talents. 1 Timothy 4:14 tells us not to neglect the gift within us. I was thinking about this the other day, wondering why I never really use any of my talents. You hear it all the time that if you don't use them, you lose them! I am beginning to wonder if I have lost mine, since I just do not use them. It must be mostly laziness that I don't. However, I've decided to make it a personal goal, perhaps a new year's resolution, to use my talents. Because apparently the Lord thinks it's important, right?

1. Cooking-I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty awesome at it. ;) I just don't do it as often anymore, because face it, most good recipes include onions and Casey hates onions!! But I really love to cook and bake.
2. writing-I've done it my whole life, mostly poetry, and it's a real passion of mine.
3. painting/drawing-I don't do it anymore because it is pretty time consuming. But I love it!
4. photography-I have been told by many people that I have a good eye for this...and I absolutely adore taking and editing pictures. The only thing that really holds me back is that I do not have a professional camera.

I am going to try a little harder to focus on these talents, so that I don't lose them!! Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Oma Hansen

Dear suesse!
Yes, you have more talents than
you know.
Emmas teething picture is adorable,
it reminds me of the commercial where all the dogs wear dentures.
And one gets dogbones.
Ha, ha, ha. Emma is cute.

Duvall Photography

I totally understand the photography thing. I loved doing it, but had an ok camera. Jon got me an amazing one for VDay and now I'm OBSESSED. It's amazing the difference with a good camera. I love this post! Good luck!