CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 12, 2010

She did it!

March 12th, 2010. 11:00am. Emma just rolled!! Yay! Go baby!!
Emma hates tummy time, that's for sure. She adores many things that the majority of babies cannot stand. For example, she loves baths, road trips, getting her diaper changed, etc. However, Emma does hate 3 things. Kisses, having clothes on, and the dreaded TUMMY TIME. Therefore, while she has been rolling from her back to her left side and onto her tummy for a couple weeks now, rolling from tummy to back is a brand new accomplishment! I layed her on her blanket, went into the kitchen to do some dishes, while listening to the little drama queen wail and accuse me of being such a horrible mommy. After hearing quite enough of this, I waltzed back into the front room, and lo and behold, there she was! Laying on her back all sprawled out and just FURIOUS to be alive!! I am so proud of my little munchkin. :)

Casey and I have been trying to be healthier. We are not on a diet, I don't like diets. I feel like few people stick with them because they are often times very strict and let's face it, nobody likes to be told what to do! It is more efficient to have a change of lifestyle. So to make ours healthier, we have been watching what we eat and excercising regularly. I have learned a few things so far!
1. Healthy food tastes better the more you eat it. The more you eat, the more you crave. The same goes with junk food. This is a fact, I actually learned it in Nutrition.
2. I may be one of the few people that did not know this, but the healthiest way to cook your veggies is also the easiest! Apparently the less water you use while cooking them, the better. So you can just toss them in the microwave, and there you go! (I think this is cool, because healthier usually means more difficult
and time consuming...along with
more expensive and less satisfying. But with this, healthy is
on our side!! haha)
3. Healthy food can actually be really tastey. If you add enough yummy things to your salad (like red bell peppers, tomatoes, radishes, and carrots) and top it off with craisins and a flavorful vinegarette dressing, it becomes a lot more interesting to the taste!!
4. The more you excercise, the more you want to excercise. This kind of goes along with the eating healthy thing. Also, we all know that excercising releases endorphines and endorphines make you happy! ("and happy people just don't kill their husbands...they just don't!")
So we have just mostly been focusing on eating balanced meals, and healthy snacks in between meals. We follow the food pyramid, which pretty much goes along with the Word of Wisdom. mypyramid.gov is awesome! You can keep record of what you eat and the calories and vitamins you're getting. You can also track how many calories you burn a day.
No matter how fast...or slow...we will actually see any results from this, it makes us feel much better. And that is the important part!

1 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

You go Emma and Sylvia and Casey! You guys are doing great! And are all looking great! I love you!!!!!