Last Tuesday Casey, Emma, and I piled into the car and headed towards a relaxing week of zero obligations. Yes, a much needed vacation. We ended up spending close to $600 on this, but I kinda think it was worth it!! Haha. We may not have traveled to a spectacular destination such as Tahiti or France, but close. We went to Burley, Idaho...complete with wide open spaces, cows who are granted the "right of way", and horrifically pungent factories as far as the eye can see. ;) As glamorous as this may (or may not) sound...we had a great time!! We spent a couple days in Boise with Casey's brother Tom and his family. The pictures of Emma in the pool were taken there. She could've chilled there all afternoon if we had let her, she loved it so much! It was a lot of fun to see Tom, Alisha, and the girls. And believe it or not, I kept up with my running every morning! :) :) We drove by our old house in Boise, and it was so crazy to see it. It was our very first place together, and there were a lot of emotions running wild in that house! HAHA!! We also drove around and looked at the parks and stuff. Boise has the most beautiful parks I have ever seen. I really enjoyed our visit...I really loved living there!! We headed to Burley Thursday morning. As we drove through Twin Falls, an old friend of ours saw us in the Arctic Circle parking lot, and we visited with her and her husband for a bit. She was SUPER pregnant, and she ended up having her baby a couple days later! Well on our way to our campground it began to hail. Oh goody, we were pretty excited about camping in THAT. When we arrived the rain was pouring as we set up our tents. The storm departed after a while, but kept threatening to return. It kind of did, but nothing too terrible. I ended up getting heat stroke on Friday. Let's just say I went to bed with a VERY empty stomach. :( UGH! Too bad I lost that amazing dinner I had that night!! Haha. SO not funny at the time. My heat exhaustion was due to a fun day out on the boat. I also got a massive bruise from that. As I was getting off the boat and onto the dock, my leg got wedged between the seat and the wall of the boat. It was stuck pretty good! Then a wave caught the boat, and it began to drift as I had one leg stuck and the other propped up onto the dock. Someone was holding my hand so I didn't do a face plant into the water, but it still hurt pretty bad! And I'm not going to post any pictures of my nasty bruise, it's kind of gross. All in all we had a great time hanging out with my family. They all got to meet Emma for the first time! My cousin, Kim, was pretty much in love with her. It was really sweet. She decided that she wants her baby (someday) to look exactly like Emma. Too bad Emma got most of her genes from the Marlatt side!
Sunday night we saw that Emma had gotten her first teeth! Both of her bottom teeth broke through at the same time. Yay!! For a girl that's been teething for 6 months, she sure got her first teeth late. Haha. Well she seems to be enjoying them, gnawing on her little baby cheeto puffs. :)
We visited the Twin Falls temple, where we would have gotten married if we could have waited long enough for it to be finished. But we couldn't, so we didn't. But it's a pretty temple. :) We visited the Shoshone Falls, the smaller water fall, and the Parine (sp?) bridge there in Twin as well. We also took Emma to walk around the college (CSI) for a while. We told her "this is where Mommy and Daddy fell in love!" Haha. Not really.
We spent an evening with some of our best friends Mike and Chelsea in Twin Falls. We all went to dinner, and Emma was really loud. She always insists on yelling when we are in public. She wasn't mad or anything but she just likes to be LOUD. People around us don't really appreciate her healthy set of lungs. Oh well. We just smile back and silently wish they would go away. I love Emma's loud personality. She reminds me of my sister. HAHA!!! JUST JOKING sister. ;)
We took Emma to her first Drive In movie, and she loved it!! She slept in her car seat actually, but she was pretty pumped up while we were waiting for the movie to start.
The last picture is one that Casey took a little while ago while he was riding with Sloan Jorgensen in Ellensburg. I think it is a really pretty picture!!
We are back home now, back to reality. :) I did really well with my running this passed week, but I am paying for not riding my bike for 7 days!! This morning we rode 15 miles. It is 2:00pm now and I find myself wishing it could be bed time.
Sunday night we saw that Emma had gotten her first teeth! Both of her bottom teeth broke through at the same time. Yay!! For a girl that's been teething for 6 months, she sure got her first teeth late. Haha. Well she seems to be enjoying them, gnawing on her little baby cheeto puffs. :)
We visited the Twin Falls temple, where we would have gotten married if we could have waited long enough for it to be finished. But we couldn't, so we didn't. But it's a pretty temple. :) We visited the Shoshone Falls, the smaller water fall, and the Parine (sp?) bridge there in Twin as well. We also took Emma to walk around the college (CSI) for a while. We told her "this is where Mommy and Daddy fell in love!" Haha. Not really.
We spent an evening with some of our best friends Mike and Chelsea in Twin Falls. We all went to dinner, and Emma was really loud. She always insists on yelling when we are in public. She wasn't mad or anything but she just likes to be LOUD. People around us don't really appreciate her healthy set of lungs. Oh well. We just smile back and silently wish they would go away. I love Emma's loud personality. She reminds me of my sister. HAHA!!! JUST JOKING sister. ;)
We took Emma to her first Drive In movie, and she loved it!! She slept in her car seat actually, but she was pretty pumped up while we were waiting for the movie to start.
The last picture is one that Casey took a little while ago while he was riding with Sloan Jorgensen in Ellensburg. I think it is a really pretty picture!!
We are back home now, back to reality. :) I did really well with my running this passed week, but I am paying for not riding my bike for 7 days!! This morning we rode 15 miles. It is 2:00pm now and I find myself wishing it could be bed time.







3 comments:
What a fun mini vacation! Even though one wouldn't think foreign when it comes to southern Idaho, but it is more than most realise. ;) Your little girl is a doll. It is so fun to see her chubby cheeks. Hope all is going well.
Cousin Stacie
HAHA! LOUD and obnoxious late her Dante Scwhester, eh?! Love it!
Hi Slibbia!
Nice Pictures, wer'e glad you all had such a wonderful time.
With lots of love, immer Deine Mutti.
Post a Comment