CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Everyday life































This post is going to be kind of unorganized. I have some things to write about...but they are all unrelated! Haha! Oh well. Enjoy...:)
Today I ran a few miles in the rain. It actually felt really good! I am getting so excited about all this triathlon training. I am in the best shape that I have ever been in! It is crazy what you can do when you dedicate yourself. And those of you who know me, know that I have never been an athletic girl. In high school I did things like drama, speech and debate, and photography! I did softball in 8th grade....however my career as a softball player quickly ended when I got the concussion of a lifetime! Yeah...I got hit in the head with a metal BAT. Full swing. Kinda painful. So needless to say, sports have never been my thang. This is the first time in my life that I can run 3 miles without stopping...that I can swim long distances while actually breathing properly...and ride my bike 14+ miles up and down super steep hills! Whew! Feels great!
I went to the Farmer's Market with one of my best friends Shelly, and it was so much fun! :) I LOVE the Farmer's market. Even when none of the craft booths show up due to the rain. :( Oh well. I got some pretty incredible blueberries and cherries!
I hate recycling. I am so annoyed that the garbage company is now making us sort all of our trash into different bins...and are making us pay extra for it! Seriously, it's such a hassle. The other day I went to throw away my empty juice bottle. I stood there for a good 30 seconds looking back and forth from the trash can...to the recycle can...to the trash can...etc. I finally gave up and just tossed the stupid thing back in my car. Some people (the little kids I babysit) have gotten good use out of the extra bins, though. Above is a (kind of creepy looking) picture of one of the boys wearing his cardboard helmet...to protect himself while his older brother pushed him down the street in the brand new garbage can! Hahahaha!! Now, that's what I call ingenuity.
Emma looks so darn cute in her HUGE flower...but she hates it!! That is why she ripped it apart and threw it all over the floor. :*( So sad. But kinda hilarious.
Okay. So you know those really lazy people in the Wal-Mart parking lot that can't walk 3 feet to put their shopping cart it's proper home? I'm not usually one of those people. The key word here is "usually". But you know what? A couple times that I have been guilty of this act of idleness, I have had to rush back to the store within one hour of leaving. Let me explain. When Emma first switched to formula, I decided to buy her a new bottle. It was a super cute one, probably a little more pricey than I needed to spend on a bottle. I returned home to realize that I had forgotten it in my shopping cart! And the worst part is that...that one silly little bottle was the only thing that I even bought! When I returned, to my surprise, there it was. Sitting right there in my carelessly placed cart was Emma's poor forlorn first bottle. Good luck? Maybe. It happened again last week! Except it was a huge expensive box of diapers, and to my dismay the cart was gone when I returned. Not wanting to give up so easily, I trotted over to customer service to see if maybe they had seen it...unlikely. But...they were actually holding it behind the counter!! I couldn't believe it. If I hadn't already realized my uncanny luck, the brilliant Wal-Mart associate would have made it clear for me. "Ummm just so you know...we aren't responsible for anything you forget in the parking lot. You just lucked out." Thanks Turbo. ;)
Above are a few pics of my sweet girl getting all pumped up about crawling...she's so close! Also, some random pictures of our last camping trip in Dayton, WA. Next up: ROAD TRIP to Idaho!!

5 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

At first when I saw the picture of the dead flower I thought a puppy had gotten to it... and then I totally KNEW it was Emma that destroyed it. I would have too! HAHA! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! Just so you know... Sometimes I have to be that stupid lazy gal who leaves the cart. What is a mom to do when she has both kids strapped in the car? I'm not going to walk far away for some stranger to steal my babies! HAHA! ;) It's a good mentality sister. You should use it!
LOVE YOU! SEE YOU SOON!

Oma Hansen

Howdy Slibbi!
Can you teach Emma how to make Blueberry pie for Oma?
The Cherries look yummi too.
Have a nice trip to Idaho.
See you at the Fam. reunion.
lots of loves and kisses, Mamma.

Sylvia Marie

Yup! I do use it! Which is why I, too, have left my cart there. Most times I try to park right next to the cart thingy. LOL!

Sylvia Marie

OK Mama, will do!! :) :) They were good!! Love you too!! (and you too schwester!)

Erica

Yeah, I learned to purposefully park next to the cart corral...with two walking kids, the fun only multiplies and I am certainly NOT walking my rear more than 10 feet from the car with my precious kids strapped in! Although I WOULD feel sorry for the schmuck who would dare take my car with them in it....have a great family reunion!