CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

reunion and drunk old men































Well it has been an extremely busy month for us! We are (almost) settled in at Casey's parents house for the summer. I still feel like we are living out of boxes somewhat because I just haven't found the time to do any unpacking or setting up!! We had our family reunion (Casey's mom's side of the family) a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in a gorgeous cabin in Priest Lake (Idaho). The water was so clear that when I took a picture of it, it came out looking like a picture of rocks! It was also extremely cold. Brittany and I woke up and went for an early morning swim...I think I almost died. I literally could not catch my breath for almost a full minute!! I'm not gonna lie...I was starting to panic!! Brittany thought it was pretty funny. :) We also went tubing in the glacier water and that was an unforgettable experience! Ha ha! Imagine shaved ice hitting you in the face at 40mph and there you have it. But we laughed until our faces hurt! It was a blast having Tom and Alisha's family stay with us after the reunion as well. It's always a party when we all get together! However, Sydney and Dave were unable to come, and we missed them. :( Last week we all went to the State Park to go boating and there was a drunk old man sitting on a bench with a bag of candy. Brittany and I were walking passed him and he tried to lure us in! He tried his hardest to get us to take some of his candy. He was creepy, and Brittany didn't want anything to do with him. I, on the other hand, was afraid of hurting his feelings. HA! Typical. So I politely informed him that we were on a diet. HA HA!!! I immediately regretted that remark when we returned to the beach and everyone made fun of me. What? It was a good excuse. ;) So Tom got pretty fired up about the whole "drunk creeper in the park handing out candy to girls" thing and he ran over there ready to fight anyone who was willing to fight back. He likes to fight. Lol. The old guy was pretty feisty himself! When he threatened to sick his 400 pound friends on Tom, he asked "what, are you friends with polar bears??" Ha ha I thought that was so funny. Anyways, Jerry and Casey ended up escorting the man out of the park, warning families along the way and calling the police to inform them of what was going on. So remember how some thugs were following and threatening me last month in Kennewick? It's like I'm wearing a sign that says "harass me" or something. Whatever...if anyone messes with me, they will shortly discover my mad self defense skills. That's right, watch out. ;)
Every morning I have been exercising with a group of girls. We are training for a triathlon. Pretty intense! Haha. It's been fun. I love working out, now I need to work on the "eating right" part again. :)
We stayed with my parents last weekend because Casey works for a guy in Kennewick once in a while. It was fun! I really do miss living near my parents. :( We took the boat out on the river, and some strange child that was swimming nearby exclaimed: "yuck it smells like gasoline! Doesn't anyone use Hybrid anymore!??" Ummmmm.....what? Is all I have to say about that ignorant statement. Lol
We went to the temple with our close friends Holli and Landon on Thursday. It was a good experience. And dinner at the Mongolian Grill...well that experience wasn't too bad itself. ;) I LOVE MONGOLIAN.
Emma is 7 months old! I can't believe how fast it has been going. I seriously am having such a hard time watching her grow up so fast! She is also putting on weight, and that makes me happy. My poor "malnourished" baby. Pssh. In her 6th month Emma learned to sit up without support and to clap her hands! That's super early for clapping, but it doesn't surprise me. She loves to smack things and it was inevitable that she would discover that she could smack both her hands at the same time! Ha ha! It's really cute, I love to watch her clap. :) Watching her sit up is fun too. Except for when we were at the cabin and she tipped over and hit her face on a hard toy and got a huge scratch on the side of her cheek!! Tom called her Scar Face. HA HA!! Don't worry, it didn't scar. (Yes, I was worried about that thanks to Uncle Tom lol)
Well so far our summer has been a blur of fun and sun. :) Soon I will have stories about our trip to Idaho coming up. So...stay tuned.

1 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

Aw poor scar face! HAHAHA! That's just too funny. Where is Priest Lake at? We should go there w/ our small Hansen family because it looked BEAUTIFUL! I think you and I both have that "harass me" sign. It must be in our DNA! haha! Love you!