CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Eustress and Distress...it's all stressful.

Casey and Don (riding in Ellensburg)


Jade reading to "Baby Emma". :)Taylor and Lacy
Sloan and Dave
my Casey
Emma loving the swing. :)


loving her chicky

Rose Garden in Kennewick

Emma's gun...right. Nice, Casey. :)




Emma's friend Chandler :)



We have officially completed move #10 in under 3 years, and I'm feelin pretty good. :) Casey finished his quarter, so he finally was able to send in his transcripts to CWU, and he was accepted this last week! Therefore, we still have one move to go this fall, but then hopefully we will stay put for a couple years until Dental School. Hopefully! ;) It has been pretty hectic trying to get all moved out before Casey's family reunion this week. It was also finals week, and poor Casey had a lot on his plate. On Father's Day...his first...we had to rush him into the E.R. He was having excruciating stomach pains, nothing like he's ever felt before in his life...he said it was way worse than ANY of the several bones he's broken. Ha ha! Those darn Marlatt boys, always braking themselves. Well after an X-Ray, blood test, and CT scan, they ruled most things that we were concerned about out, such as kidney stones, gall bladder, appendicitis, etc. They think ulcers are a possibility, although the numbing agent they gave him to drink did not numb the pain in his stomach. So they are a little confused by it. They also think it could be a problem with his intestines. The X-Ray suggested a twist in his intestines, which is severe. However, the CT Scan proved otherwise. He was given a few prescriptions and everything and basically we just have to keep an eye on it and follow up with our doctor. It's so bizarre, I couldn't imagine having to feel that kind of pain! Oh wait...I did just have a child, right? Lol. But it seriously looked extremely painful. Anyways, he's been feeling okay now. So that's good! Happy Father's Day! He did get a new fishing pole, so the day wasn't too much of a disaster. ;)
The move went smoothly...for the most part. I mean, the last 3 moves were during my pregnancy and it doesn't get more uncomfortable than that! This one was alright. However, the trailer they used to move our things got 3 flat tires along the way. Nice, huh!?
Emma had her checkup and guess what? She finally gained a pound!! I am sooo relieved. Whew! Now she is almost 7 months old, weighing 14 pounds. Still little, but quickly growing!
We spent a good part of the day yesterday out on the boat, which was a lot of fun. It has been really hot here, and I love being out in the sun! My parents came over to take out their boat as well, but when they got here...1 1/2 hours later...the boat wouldn't run. :( So they didn't get to take it out this time, but they did join us for dinner. We had lots of fun!
I had been doing Insanity (The workout program that comes after P90X) for a couple months. I haven't been very consistent though. I am not eating the quantity or quality of foods that I need in order to keep up with that kind of a workout, plus I skip so many days. Ha ha! It has helped my endurance a lot though, I can run and ride my bike further and with more energy than ever before! That is mostly what I have been doing lately. I am feeling the burn every day and loving every second of it!! :)

2 comments:

Oma Hansen

Hi Sweaty Pie, oops, Sweety Pie?
I don't know how to use spellcheck in comment writing, and I'm to lazy to look it up.
However you are my Swe.ty Pie!
It looks like Casey had lot's of fun Motocrossing.. My Emmala is so cute. I miss you Guys. Hope Casey's pain is gone in his stomake. Have a nice time at your family reunion.
With Love, immer Deine Mutti!

Nichole Gaertner

Well I'm proud of your not-so-consistant work out regimine anyway! :) Now that you have Brittney and those other girls to work out with I think you'll enjoy it a lot more!!!