After exclusively nursing Emma for 6 months, it has been quite the challenge trying to incorporate formula into her diet. However, her doctor seemed very adamant about it...and what mother wants their baby to be severely malnourished?? SO. We just kept trying. After refusing the bottle again and again...we just had to ignore some of that "oh so wise" doctor's advice. "Don't feed her any solids," he said. He didn't want her filling up on those, when she would benefit more from the mineral rich and much more fattening formula. But the girl just wouldn't take it, so we mixed it with rice cereal, and other foods. This worked out great! For a while...until she became permanently plugged up with only....um....medicinal "help" being able to fix it. Lol. This isn't a good solution though, for obvious reasons! Not knowing what to do to help my poor girl, I wanted to scream.
But today, I am happy to report, that Emma drank 4 ounces of formula! Woo! Good girl!! Apparently she didn't like Similac Advance. But Similac Sensitive? Well, that is a completely different story altogether. What. A. Relief. :)
Also, not being able to make it through 3 hours of church since who knows how long, has become a nagging reality for us. But today, I am glad to report this as well, we finally did it!! Well, Emma did it. She actually fell asleep during church. In her car seat, of course. (To fall asleep while being held or touched in any way ...other than nursing...NEVER!! haha) But today I simply had to take her outside, and voila. She was sleeping like a baby before I knew it. Now why hadn't we thought of this before? It is very strange how dramatically the outdoors positively affects her.
This weekend was a blast! We went to Moses Lake again so that Casey could do some work. My parents came on Saturday and we took their boat out. We also had a BBQ at Casey's parents' house that evening. Then, to top it off, Casey took me on a little ride on his new motorcycle. I know, I know, we just sold the V Rod. But we sold it in order to pay off the car, which we did. It served its purpose. We are completely debt free. BUT. We also are sick of only having one vehicle, and I know many people do it, and we've done it for a while now, but I can't handle it anymore. So this is nice. The price was right, too! Although the new bike doesn't compare to the Harley when it comes to beauty, it is a very comfortable ride! Super low pegs for my long legs are an absolute MUST for long rides, and even after we lowered them, the Harley just didn't have that! This one now does, though... so that's nice. The seat is softer, too. And it is a dual sport, so we can off road it when we live near the mountains in Ellensburg. Casey is really excited about it. He reminds me of a little boy on Christmas day. But most of all, I don't have to be stranded at home when Casey's at school. That right there is reason enough to let the boy have his toy. ;)
But today, I am happy to report, that Emma drank 4 ounces of formula! Woo! Good girl!! Apparently she didn't like Similac Advance. But Similac Sensitive? Well, that is a completely different story altogether. What. A. Relief. :)
Also, not being able to make it through 3 hours of church since who knows how long, has become a nagging reality for us. But today, I am glad to report this as well, we finally did it!! Well, Emma did it. She actually fell asleep during church. In her car seat, of course. (To fall asleep while being held or touched in any way ...other than nursing...NEVER!! haha) But today I simply had to take her outside, and voila. She was sleeping like a baby before I knew it. Now why hadn't we thought of this before? It is very strange how dramatically the outdoors positively affects her.
This weekend was a blast! We went to Moses Lake again so that Casey could do some work. My parents came on Saturday and we took their boat out. We also had a BBQ at Casey's parents' house that evening. Then, to top it off, Casey took me on a little ride on his new motorcycle. I know, I know, we just sold the V Rod. But we sold it in order to pay off the car, which we did. It served its purpose. We are completely debt free. BUT. We also are sick of only having one vehicle, and I know many people do it, and we've done it for a while now, but I can't handle it anymore. So this is nice. The price was right, too! Although the new bike doesn't compare to the Harley when it comes to beauty, it is a very comfortable ride! Super low pegs for my long legs are an absolute MUST for long rides, and even after we lowered them, the Harley just didn't have that! This one now does, though... so that's nice. The seat is softer, too. And it is a dual sport, so we can off road it when we live near the mountains in Ellensburg. Casey is really excited about it. He reminds me of a little boy on Christmas day. But most of all, I don't have to be stranded at home when Casey's at school. That right there is reason enough to let the boy have his toy. ;)







1 comments:
I'm glad you realize how silly it looks that you just sold your suped up awesome bike and then bought your dual sport... but for each section of our lives everything has it's purpose. I love you guys. You're doing great and Emma is so cute. I'm glad she's doing better with the sensitive formula. Aiden was on it so I don't know why I never thought of bringing it up w/you. Oh well. :) I hope her blood draw went well. I'm anxiously waiting!
Post a Comment