Well despite the horror stories of the baby-eating-bears of Utah, we took our little bundle of joy camping for the first time! I'm sure you've all heard about that psychotic bear that ripped the baby out of the tent and took off with it in the mountains of Utah. Well, needless to say, I was NOT thrilled about going camping with this story lurking in the back of my mind the entire time. But I had to conquer that fear, because honestly, that was a fluke thing and we've been camping many times. That doesn't mean I slept easy though! We went camping in the mountains up by Dayton, Washington. We used to go riding (back in the good ole days of the Harley Davidson and freedom ;) ) there quite often, it is beautiful. When we arrived, all of the campsites were packed! We did manage to find a decent spot, however. Going camping with a Chevy Malibu isn't the most convenient thing in the world, but you've gotta make due with what you've got! :) We couldn't fit any fire wood, so Casey had to hunt for, and chop wood all evening to make our little, smoky, fire. We roasted some hot dogs and went to bed early, because Emma was starting to get tired, and it was freezing outside! Not really, I bet it was about 50 degrees, but it feels so cold in the mountains when the sun goes down. It had been in the high 80's that day. We all slept on our tall queen size mattress, all bundled up in our queen size sleeping bag. The sleeping bag is rated to zero degree weather...sounds cozy, right? Well Casey and Emma were toasty all night! I don't know why I froze. I dreamed of bears attacking us all night. Casey tossed and turned trying to make Emma happy all night. Emma screamed for a good portion of the night. She is not used to being in the same room, let alone being in the same bed as us while she sleeps! It was a challenge, but it worked out okay. We woke up at 4am to eat cold cereal and S'mores. Mm mm! The next day was more eventful. We went fishing and caught 10 fish! They were itty bitty. The man next to us caught a huge frog! It was awesome! They threw it back, of course. :) We met a guy from South Carolina and he let us use his worms...the fish were going crazy! The second you would cast, you'd have to start to reel it in immediately. Literally. Now that is what I call exciting fishing!! I even cooked fish (it was Trout) for the first time in my life, and it was delicious. That might make fishing even more fun to know that it will taste great! :)
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Lovely pictures. :) Glad the bears were being nice.
Hi my little Sylvie!
The fish where wonderlishious!
Thank you for the fine vittles.
Love, Immer Deine Mutti!
Post a Comment