Take a look at this picture of Emma, exhausted beyond belief. You know what? I would be tired too! Look out people, we've got a little diva on our hands! This picture was taken Friday afternoon. It all started when I took her to her "Baby Bounce" story time at the library. A lot of moms come with their babies, and we all sit around in a circle. The lady who teaches it reads stories, has us participate in some dance exercises, and leads us in a few songs. Some of the babies have a blast...some of them look like they could just as well be trying to get through a 2 hour calculus lecture. Well, my girl seems to enjoy it. Anyways, after it ended, and before any of us started to get up, Emma stood up and began walking away. This is what started it all! Everyone was shocked. Saying things like, "What!? I can't believe she just stood up!" and, "She is too small to be walking! She looks like a little infant!" and oohing and ahhing about how cute and little she was as she walked from person to person soaking it all up. Emma is quite the attention hog!! This really isn't a surprise to me, it was just really funny how much she played it off that day. I did feel really good when one of the ladies told her that she is "a spittin' image" of me! Now that is something I rarely hear!! The lady has obviously never seen Casey. Haha. Well this all continued as we left the library and went to Fred Meyer. As we walk through the aisles, I kiss her face once in a while. Every time I do so she yells out "OW!!". HAHA I think it's really funny. People often stop and talk to Emma and compliment her, so now it seems like Emma expects EVERYONE to stop and pay attention to her. She literally waves at every person she sees, and tells them "Hi!!!". She must feel like she is on a float or something! HAHA! Trust me, friends, this girl was just eating it up. Well I think she hit a record for how many people stopped and talked to her that afternoon, and apparently all her little shenanigans wore her out thoroughly! I just get a kick out of her personality. She is certainly NOT shy. Casey and I were both immensely shy kids growing up. I can already tell that she is definitely not following in our footsteps when it comes to personality. She is a little clown! I love her so much, she makes me laugh every day. I don't know what I would do without my little diva. :)










2 comments:
Hint strongly to grandparents that Emma would like a snow suit for her birthday. :) Also seriously, hit up the thrift stores there, and take bi-weekly/ tri-weekly trips to Yakima... TOTALLY worth it! :) Love you guys!!!
Sylvia, she just is adorable. Of course, she's going to eat it up. I love the pictures of David and Petra with her. And the mountain snow pictures are beautiful. I'm thinking I really like snow in the mountains but would be perfectly fine leaving it there - even at Christmastime!
Post a Comment