CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Emma Lynn Marlatt

Oh sweet drugs :)

Seeing her for the first time


Angry baby...happy daddy


In awe



Baby's first Christmas hat!



Back from the hospital

Sucking on Daddy's finger instantly soothes her.

Cheeky Baby!




Daddy's Girl


She LOVES her car seat!


Mouth Breather just like Casey!


Showin off her muscles!




Lethargic Baby


Yummy Fingers!!



Well here I am...finally updating my blog! Who would have known that I would be so busy!??

Days before my due date (Dec. 1st) I was POSITIVE that I was going into labor! Apparently it was only the "early stages" of labor. And Casey and I figured I was just one lucky gal...because the contractions were fairly hard, but they never caused me any pain. Well by the 1st...no baby. Of course I was pretty disappointed, thanks to my ultra positive doctor telling me since the week before Thanksgiving that Emma would be here any day...definately NOT making it to my due date. FALSE!!

Along came my doctor's appointment on the 3rd. I was to go in and set an induction date. He checked me, and I was dilated to a 3. This was progress, becuase only days before he checked me and I was at a 2. He stripped my membranes...the most unpleasant feeling I had really ever felt (up to this point, of course). This was a Thursday. He set my date for Monday, and I was really nervous because I've heard scary stories about iduction! But my nurse assured me that if I set the date, then the baby would surely come before that. :)

Well my doctor told me that I would experience some cramping and such, but not to pay much attention to it, unless it lasted later into the evening. So as I walked out of the doctor's office, I ignored the sharp cramping that made me gasp for air a little bit. No big deal, I thought.

My mom was with me, because Casey had to work. She wanted to take me to Burger King for lunch. We walked out to the car, and the cramp hit again. HARD. I was kind of shocked at how bad the pain was. But we continued to the car, when another one hit. We drove to Burger King, and they just kept coming! These contractions were less than a minute apart, and they were NOT messing around! I was in sooo much pain!! I really thought it would pass, so we went into BK, ate and left with the contractions continuing less than a minute apart. They hurt so bad by now that I swear I felt like I was going to die. Finally my mom took me back to the clinic to ask them what we should do. I told them what was going on and of course they told me to go to Labor and Delivery. I asked them, "Well he stripped my membranes, isn't it because of that?" They were like, "yeah, it IS because of that, but you are really in labor."

So off we went to Labor and Delivery, which we had a really hard time finding. I called Casey and he met us there. By this time the pain had really gotten worse! We arrived to find out that they had no rooms available for me!! There were so many people going into labor that day! Including one who had been induced on Tuesday and was still there, Thursday. AH!
There I was. Going into labor in the waiting room. I was a mess. I was crying, in belief that Emma would be born on the waiting room floor! I was about to pass out, the contractions worsening very quickly. Finally, oh joyous moment, they gave me a room!

I layed in that hospital bed, sure that I would not survive this labor. I have never in my life felt so much pain. And they would not let up either, still about a minute apart. My body was determined to get this baby out! By this time my parents were there, trying to make me feel better. My mom rubbing my head, and my dad cracking annoying jokes to take my mind off the pain. HAHA!
When my body hit "transition", the last stage of labor, I was in shock. I could not control myself, I was shaking sooo hard and I was really cold. This part kind of freaked me out.
The anesthesiologist finally arrived to give me my epidural! By that time I was already dilated to a 7, and it had not even been that long. By the time the medicine had actually numbed me from the pain, it was already time to push! I cannot believe how fast it went! I felt pretty good once the contractions were numbed. The experience was awesome, I felt nothing after that! We all sat around between contractions and pushing holding a conversation with the doctor. It was pretty funny. Labor ended up being about 5 hours, pushing for 49 minutes, which is pretty dang fast for your first baby! Before I knew it, I was holding my baby girl!! And I fell in love with her round face and her huge blue eyes. They handed her right to me and she stared into my eyes for a long time. My heart absolutely melted!

Emma Lynn was born December 3rd at 9:09pm. She was 7lb. 12oz. and 20 in. long.

She and Casey bonded immediately. You will never see a guy so happy as he was that night. He LOVES his little girl! He was just beaming. This was so heartwarming for me to see, my husband all smiley and thrilled to finally have his baby in his arms. We later realized that he didn't let anyone even hold her that night! He is one proud papa.
Being a mom is so much fun. I am so glad that we have been blessed with this baby. We were not trying to have kids, but the Lord knows when the time is right. She is now a week old, and a little light in our lives. She already has her funny little quirks, and sweet personality. I love my baby.
She had her 1 week check up the other day, and she has already grown 1/4 of an inch, and gained 4 oz! Mommy, on the other hand, has already lost 25lb. with only 5 left to go to get back to pre preg. weight! So much of that weight was retained water, I finally have skinny legs and feet again! HAHA. And my shoes fit. And I can touch my toes. And get out of bed, and eat cold lunchmeat and cookie dough! Andthe foods that gave me heartburn, which is actually every single thing that I ate, do NOTHING!! And my back doesn't hurt! HAHA. My recovery is going really well. I feel great. The best part is that I have my little bundle of joy in my arms.

6 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

Sylvia I love your labor story. I'm so glad it was a happy one. When people talk to other's (mostly other pregnant mothers) they usually tell a horror story. Me included! HAHA! Anyway- you are the one every new mother should turn too. :) I'm proud of you and Emma is absolutely amazing. Her and Shaylee are going to be GREAT pals! hehe!
Love Schwester- tante gaga!

Ty Robbins

She's so precious. I'm so glad you had such a good labor. Congratulations again on your sweet little girl! I can't wait to meet her.

Monte and Brittany

wooo!! shes absolutly gorgeous!! congrats!! im glad everything went so fast and good! hope yoiur getting sleep. lol

Erica

Awwww, she is CUTE!!! Love those big blue eyes! Sounds like a really quick delivery which is a GOOD thing...hope you continue to heal and have a blast with that baby! Oh yeah, I think there is something to be said for daddies and their little girls...nothing can really describe that instant and permanent bond that happens the second they lay eyes on THE most perfect girl in the world!

Sylvia Marie

Thank you guys!! :)

Oma Hansen

Sylvia and Casey sitting in a tree,
k i s s i n g. Sylvia and Casey sitting in a tree, with their sweet
new b a be.
Von Deiner poetischen Oma, fuer Emma Lynn Blueberry.