CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

new baby, new year

So our baby girl is a month old now! And boy how time does fly. She is plumpin up and filling out, and our little 7 pounder is now a whopping 9.5 pounds!! We've succeeded in getting her on a pretty good schedule and have been sleeping much, much better. :) Those first 2 weeks of waking up all night were pretty rough!! Now she only wakes up at about 3am to eat. And that is not so bad. We have also figured out the whole Binky thing! She has finally decided that she likes it, and she allows it to soothe her. But once she falls asleep, out pops Mr. Binkie! Let's just say that as for now, it is one of my best friends. Emma is very alert pretty much all day long, not really sleeping during the day anymore. She holds her head up amazingly well too! Yesterday during "tummy time" she pushed herself onto her back two times, so I'm thinkin she is a strong girl! She is pretty gassy and fussy a lot of the time. But when she is happy and we see her pretty little smile (not the gassy one...haha) it just brings us so much joy!!
Well, my recovery went really well. After the first week I was fine. I never really had much pain at all.
Today I ran on the eliptical machine for the first time since I was about to pop! And let me tell you, there is a very big difference! Haha. It feels great to be able to excercise again.
School started this week, and Casey has been enjoying it so far. As for me, I forgot to pay my tuition...oops! But no big deal, it's not like I'm not busy or anything, right? Lol. I will be more ready by next quarter anyway.
Christmas Eve my sister and her little family came to the Tri Cities and we spent it with my parents. Then on Christmas day Casey and I loaded Emma up in the car and went to Moses Lake to spend it with his family. Sydney and Dave were there (from Tennessee) and Tom and Alisha were there (from Boise). The only family member not there was actually Ryan (on his mission in Mexico). It was a lot of fun though! We blessed Emma and Tom and Alisha's baby, Rory, that Sunday. Casey did a beautiful job, I was very proud of him! Afterwards we had a big family dinner at the Marlatt home. What a busy/fun vacation we had!!
I am really in shock at how FAST time is flying!! I am having a lot of fun being a mommy. I can't wait for it to warm up outside so that we can take Emma out more, and do more things!
Oh yeah, I can't forget...my new year's resolution!! Okay...so I haven't actually made one yet. But I will think of a good one and make a post for it later. :)
I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2010 so far!!!
oh...and pictures coming soon,too.

2 comments:

Ty Robbins

I'm so glad that Emma and mommy are doing well! That's great that she's sleeping well.

Nichole Gaertner

How funny! I love lil Emma Lynn! Such a sweet girly. :)We had fun coming home for Christmas! :)