1. Casey and I almost blew our 28 day challenge. We were literally standing in Alberton's, a package of Oreo cookies in his hands, and a roll of cookie dough in mine. However, as much as we just HAD to have these treats...we quickly put them back and left. Hooray for making it through Day 9!!
2. We decided to buy a scale. The last time I weighed myself was during the summer while training for the Triathlon. Um...since then, looks like I've lost almost 10 pounds! Hooray for wicked training and a healthy diet!! And our new scale. :)
3. I witnessed my very first flood yesterday. Yes, a real flood!! The roads had rivers flowing across them, and parking lots turned into lakes!! We saw a car halfway immersed by water. It was crazy! Of course it made me nervous to drive around in this as Casey bombed his way through deep puddles that every other driver intentionally avoided. Hooray for car insurance!
4. I spent 10 bucks on washing laundry yesterday. It took me all day long too! What ticks me off is that we have a freakin washer and dryer!! WHY OH WHY can't we have hook ups??? And yes, I do complain about this fact...often. Hooray for overpriced under equipped laundry mats. Not.
5. I have been continuing my high intensity "Insanity" workouts daily. These work outs are no small task, my friends! And now I have added running a few miles on top of that. FEEL THE BURN!! I am really excited for the triathlon and runs I plan to complete this Spring. Hooray for working hard to reach our goals! :)
6. As I was shopping at Fred Meyer today, Emma began to scream uncontrollably. I couldn't understand this bizarre behavior! I fed her and she had a clean diaper...but she was irate!! After getting the attention...mostly negative...of all the shoppers, I became pretty embarrassed. I neglected the last of my list and booked it to the nearest check out stand. And the horrible wailing continued. The line behind me was so long, and I felt my cheeks getting hot. As I finished paying, Emma, flushed and teary eyed, began to gag. Everyone around stopped and looked to see what this poor baby was choking on! And then it happened. She blew chunks. Everywhere. I wiped her up with the paper towels the kind cashier gave me. But as she just continued to puke I didn't know what to do. What a mess!! I tried my best to hold back tears of embarrassment and fear for my baby. Some of those tears escaped...which made the situation worse. The long walk out of the store and to the car was in super slow motion, as she puked, I cried, and shoppers stared in pity. AHH!!! Anyways, she feels better now. But that was a very...very...horrible experience that I hope to never have to relive.
Hooray for for a warm, soft bed...and a good night's sleep to help us forget our day's awkward moments.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Aw sad! Emma was sick again??? Poor baby girly! :( I would have been mortified too. And then horrified when my tears kicked in...making me cry more. HAHA! I'm super proud of you schwester! If you can do it... then I can right? Oh- and we need to make sure we sign up for the Moses Lake triathlon together so that we can have our gear together. :) Love you!
Sorry about the hole Fredies incedent, but as a mom we all times when we just want to sit down in a corner and cry.:/ You did good. Hang in there.
What a great post! Poor baby, poor you! Every Mommy has at least one of those kinds of experiences, and the more the kids, the more the experiences. If that's any consolation. Which it probably isn't.
Congratulations on all your successes! Even the hurling ones! You're doing terrific!
Sylvia, that grin, along with missing teeth is from OMA. LOL
Post a Comment