CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Oh sweet temptations.





See how icy it is?!



Here is her latest CHEESY grin!!



She snoozes so well when I run with her! :)





Flashing her pearly whites. I don't know where she got this cheesy grin?!

And this is my latest favorite. Ever. Mmm. Chicken and black bean soft tacos. Kinda just came up with it one night and now I'm pretty much addicted. Yum!


So...Casey and I have successfully made it to day #13 of our challenge. And you know what? I'm thinking that 13 actually IS an unlucky number! It started out by simply wanting to do a good deed. Today is my neighbor's birthday, and she LOVES junk food! So I figured I would make her something delicious for her special day. Well, there is one treat and one treat only that will forever be my #1 choice of delicious treats. My infamous No Bake cookies. Now these aren't your everyday no bake cookies. These are by far THE best no bakes you will ever taste. No joke. When I was younger my mom got the recipe from our neighbor and long time friend, who is awesome at cooking and baking. By the time I was in high school I knew the recipe by heart. I have yet to taste anything so delicious! And when I was pregnant, these cookies were actually the only thing I ever craved. That is just a brief history for you, so that you can more fully understand how much I utterly adore these No Bake cookies. I don't really know what I was thinking, making these specific cookies right in the middle of my "no sweets" challenge! But let me tell ya, it was the most difficult thing I've had to do for a while! That peanut buttery chocolaty goodness enveloping the air and drifting right up my nostrils...and the creamy, enticing look of those cookies just sitting there pleading to be eaten...was TORTURE!! How I conquered that temptation, I will never know. I will just say that I have been craving goodies ever since this morning now, and my protein shake merely did the trick. Let's just say I am feeling that much stronger for passing the ultimate test! ;) Well, with that out of the way, let us focus on something a little more...uplifting. Today it is in the 50's outside. Can you believe that?? It is the end of January in Ellensburg, and it feels like a gorgeous Spring day! It is so sunny and beautiful. So we hit up some new trails off of Manastash road for a good hike. Hiking is one of our favorite things to do together and we were stoked to spend the day in the hills! However, It turns out that the crazy flooding last week, paired with the freezing temperatures, created some pretty impossible hiking trails. They were just a thick sheet of ice! Casey had some Yaktrax, but I was just wearing my running shoes. So I was slipping all over the place, and we had to turn around early. :( So sad. That's okay though, it was nice to be out for a bit, and we are looking forward to going back when the ice melts...eventually! (Emma's favorite words this week: Cracker and Shoe. So random! But both things she loves. :).)

4 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

How fun! I would love to go up and hike the ridge with you guys. :) We need to set up some hiking trips.. ie. Mt. Si... for this Spring. Love you!!!

ps. GOOD JOB ON THE SUGAR REFUSAL!!!

Julie L

Oh, but didn't it feel wonderful to be out in the sun, even if the ground was icy. I have a gym pass but this week I just had to be out of doors. Usually we have dreadful inversions on sunny days so we can't see the sun, but a storm blew out the smog and I couldn't believe how much stronger and happier I felt when I went walking this week.

And I was so worried you were going to talk about how temptation just overtook you - not that this would be so terrible a thing, just that I am so pulling for you to find out you can go without sugar for a month and survive just fine. I was impressed that you succeeded! Way to go!

Unknown

you need to email me that recipe!! i love no bake cookies too but i don't have a good recipe for them! good luck with the challenge, i'm sure when i am done with this pregnancy i will be right there with ya!

Undaunted

Your girl is such a ham! She is so cute in front of the camera. It takes a lot to stay away for the sweets like you and Casey have been doing, good job on sticking to it. Love the pictures.