It has been a long time since I've had time to blog! Get ready for a long, adventure packed post. ;) For those of you who don't know, Casey and I are expecting our second little bundle of joy! We are so excited! I am 11 and a half weeks along today. I just recovered from a nasty virus that really kicked my butt for 2 weeks. And, of course, pregnancy knocks your immune system down so that these things stick around for a little longer than usual. Not to mention the fact that you aren't able to take any medicine that actually works...no, Tylenol does NOT count. Take this awful cold, combine it with unbearable morning sickness, and what do you get? Extreme misery. All the coughing, puking, dry heaving, and everything caused a few complications (that I need not get into). So I went in because the doctor wanted to take my vitals and check on the baby to make sure all was well. I wasn't very far along, so he was astonished by how easily he found the heartbeat, and by how strongly it was beating! This moment was incredibly relieving to me. I was so happy. I was pretty dehydrated, and my blood pressure was really low, and I had obviously lost a lot of weight from being so sick. So my doctor prescribed me the most amazing anti-nausea medicine ever!! It's called Ondansetron (commonly known as Zofran). They give it to chemotherapy patients to treat the nausea. It is really good stuff! It's a tiny pill that dissolves on your tongue, tastes delicious, and works very quickly! I don't get any side affects from it either, so it's great. :) So life has been grand...besides the fact that Dr. told me to take a week off from running...which turned into over 2 because of everything that was going on. Now I have to start up really gradually again, but a little is better than none for sure. Casey and I were able to visit my parents for Memorial Day weekend. We had so much fun spending some time with them! Afterward we cruised over to Moses Lake and spent the night with Casey's family. Following that we babysat some friends of ours (the Jorgensen's) kids again for about a week, which is always a blast! :) They live on the lake and we were able to go out on Jerry's boat a few times. I LOVE boating. It may be because I was almost literally raised on a boat in Moses Lake. ;) Casey had to return to Ellensburg so he could go back to school on Tuesday. He accidentally took my Zofran with him!!! AHH!! That was the WORST mistake EVER!! I ended up getting pounded with one of my unusually devastating 3 day migraines, which always triggers some severe nausea. Just what I needed, right?? How I survived that mess, I will never know. But alas, I lost even more weight. :( My poor baby. A friend brought me some Phenegrin (another type of anti-nausea medicine) and let me tell you, it did nothing for me. Oh, besides knocking me out for an hour or so. But I am so grateful to my friend for bringing it to me, it was so thoughtful of her!! She even told me that she prefers Zofran, it's just much better stuff. Jerry drove me home on Thursday, and it felt nice to be home with Casey again. :) We have been spending so much time outside playing, and enjoying some perfect weather!! I am in love with this beautiful town. Yesterday my parents were able to ride their Harley to Ellensburg to visit us for the day! We grabbed some KFC, rode over to a nearby campground, and had a little picnic. How fun!
We finally bought Emma a little "potty pot" (that converts into a little seat that sits directly on the toilet for when she gets taller), so she can start potty training. She just turned 18 months, but she's been showing interest for almost a month now. I'm sure it will be a long process, but at least we're getting an early start. :) So Emma has gotten to the point where she will repeat ANY thing we say. (or if it's too hard, she at least gets pretty close. haha) She babbles allll day long, says tons of new words, and I swear is getting happier and funnier each and every day. She also LOVES attention, and tries to talk to anyone she sees. It makes me laugh.
We have a fun summer ahead of us! Casey is finishing up his quarter this week! It's final's week again. It's been just flying by sooo insanely fast. This weekend, and the following weekend we get to go camping! :) We look forward to a camping, hiking, biking, fishing, and just plain fun filled summer spent mostly outdoors.
We finally bought Emma a little "potty pot" (that converts into a little seat that sits directly on the toilet for when she gets taller), so she can start potty training. She just turned 18 months, but she's been showing interest for almost a month now. I'm sure it will be a long process, but at least we're getting an early start. :) So Emma has gotten to the point where she will repeat ANY thing we say. (or if it's too hard, she at least gets pretty close. haha) She babbles allll day long, says tons of new words, and I swear is getting happier and funnier each and every day. She also LOVES attention, and tries to talk to anyone she sees. It makes me laugh.
We have a fun summer ahead of us! Casey is finishing up his quarter this week! It's final's week again. It's been just flying by sooo insanely fast. This weekend, and the following weekend we get to go camping! :) We look forward to a camping, hiking, biking, fishing, and just plain fun filled summer spent mostly outdoors.







0 comments:
Post a Comment