Wow! I cannot believe how long it's been since I have merely logged onto my Blogger account...let alone have written a post!! This may have been THE busiest summer I have ever had in my life. We have spent months in Moses Lake, house sitting and babysitting for some freinds of ours. We have spent time in Kennewick, helped my parents move to Las Vegas, and Casey even took a trip to L.A. We went on a few camping trips, and made a very special trip to Seattle when my mom decided to go back to the temple after several years of not going. We've spent time everywhere...besides home! We were so looking forward to enjoying our first summer in Ellensburg, but that just didn't work out. We actually missed the entire summer here. We are home for most of September...until later this month. Aside from this month however, we may have spent (maybe) a week at home! It has been busy, but also fun. It's always fun seeing family. And it is always fun having things to do. It certainly makes time fly by...and before you know it, you're six and a half months pregnant!! People say that they can finally see my baby bump. Which is nice. I would rather look preggo than like I drink a little too much...if you know what I mean. And this baby is a MOVER!! And a hardcore kicker. I started feeling the baby move really early, the end of 14 weeks. And ever since then, he (or she) has not let up!! I have a feeling we have another crazy hyper-active one on the way. Oh well...we're used to that. Lol. Well this baby is going to be a true Christmas surprise. We went in to find out the gender when I was about 20 weeks along, and come to find out- the little rascal didn't want to reveal itself. It was a scary ultrasound, too, because the doctor freaked out that I was carrying the baby so unbelievably low. He had me go straight to O.B. to have my cervix checked for dilation...(already!?) and to be monitored for contractions (Really?!). So of course I panicked, and for the next few weeks I was super paranoid. Due to the baby being so low, I have had a lot of pressure that usually comes later on in pregnancy. Also, Braxton Hicks contractions. But now my doctor has concluded that there is nothing wrong with this pregnancy, and that it is healthy and normal. The baby is just low. And that's okay, I'm so glad it's not a big deal....but Casey and I were both incredibly disappointed to learn that we will not be able to receive any additional ultrasounds for the remainder of the pregnancy. My doctor doesn't have his own ultrasound machine in his clinic, he has to use the hospital's. Otherwise, he would give me one. But I guess in order to request another one, he has to have a specific concern, or condition to be checking for...otherwise my insurance won't cover it. That would be about $300 out of our pockets, which is a little much for college students. But... he doesn't. Believe me, I tried to think of things. Haha. Oh well, it's okay. I have come to a place where I can just accept it. I was SO upset at first though. I even cried a little bit...I just wanted to know if I was carrying a little "he" or a "she"...maybe to feel a closer bond to him. Or her. But it really isn't a huge deal, we can make this work. :) We are just really excited to have this baby!! And not knowing its gender makes the anticipation that much more intense!!
Also, good news. We could possibly be moving out of this one bedroom apartment and into a 3 bedroom...before the baby comes!! That would be nice. To say the least.
Fall quarter is starting up next week! The town has filled up with all those crazy college kids, and the streets have become a danger zone! So this quarter Casey will be taking a full load again, and he will be starting his new job as a biology/chemistry tutor. I think he will be so great at that job. He really excels in those subjects, and he is a very good teacher. Plus, he loves to teach others because it helps cement the ideas in his own mind. I think the quarter will fly, and before we know it we will be a family of four. :)
My 25th birthday is in one week. It's so weird to think that I will be a quarter of a century old. It seems like each year after 20 flies by way too fast. But at least each year has been fun, and I will soon have 2 beautiful babies to show for it! :)
We are going to spend a couple more weeks at the end of this month babysitting again. After that, we finally get to spend some much needed time with my sister and her family!! I can hardly wait! :) Then later in the month Casey's little brother, Ryan, is getting married. He is marrying the sweetest girl, Cristina, whom he met on his mission in Mexico. She is now in America for the first time in her life! She is so nice, and Emma adores her. We're so excited to welcome her into the family! She has already taught me how to make a few authentic Mexican dishes, which has been a lot of fun. Although she knows little English, and I know NO Spanish at all (yes, I took Spanish in college...and passed...but I retained nothing. Lol), we still are able to communicate really well, which is nice. Also, in October I have a few harvest and Halloween activities going on with my little "Mommy Group" here in town. :) October is my favorite month of the entire year. I love the feeling in the air, and I love the smell of Fall!! It is the best time of year. For the last couple of days it has felt like Fall, and I love it.
Casey, Emma, and I have been walking, hiking, riding our bikes, playing Frisbee, flying kites, playing tennis, swimming, and going on picnics during the few times we've been home. It has been so much fun. I have a lot of pictures to post, but I will have to do that later. I hope everyone has had a great summer, and is enjoying this cool, Autumn weather! :)
Also, good news. We could possibly be moving out of this one bedroom apartment and into a 3 bedroom...before the baby comes!! That would be nice. To say the least.
Fall quarter is starting up next week! The town has filled up with all those crazy college kids, and the streets have become a danger zone! So this quarter Casey will be taking a full load again, and he will be starting his new job as a biology/chemistry tutor. I think he will be so great at that job. He really excels in those subjects, and he is a very good teacher. Plus, he loves to teach others because it helps cement the ideas in his own mind. I think the quarter will fly, and before we know it we will be a family of four. :)
My 25th birthday is in one week. It's so weird to think that I will be a quarter of a century old. It seems like each year after 20 flies by way too fast. But at least each year has been fun, and I will soon have 2 beautiful babies to show for it! :)
We are going to spend a couple more weeks at the end of this month babysitting again. After that, we finally get to spend some much needed time with my sister and her family!! I can hardly wait! :) Then later in the month Casey's little brother, Ryan, is getting married. He is marrying the sweetest girl, Cristina, whom he met on his mission in Mexico. She is now in America for the first time in her life! She is so nice, and Emma adores her. We're so excited to welcome her into the family! She has already taught me how to make a few authentic Mexican dishes, which has been a lot of fun. Although she knows little English, and I know NO Spanish at all (yes, I took Spanish in college...and passed...but I retained nothing. Lol), we still are able to communicate really well, which is nice. Also, in October I have a few harvest and Halloween activities going on with my little "Mommy Group" here in town. :) October is my favorite month of the entire year. I love the feeling in the air, and I love the smell of Fall!! It is the best time of year. For the last couple of days it has felt like Fall, and I love it.
Casey, Emma, and I have been walking, hiking, riding our bikes, playing Frisbee, flying kites, playing tennis, swimming, and going on picnics during the few times we've been home. It has been so much fun. I have a lot of pictures to post, but I will have to do that later. I hope everyone has had a great summer, and is enjoying this cool, Autumn weather! :)







2 comments:
Great to catch up on your life. I've been aware of some of the things going on but not all. Sounds like a memorable summer. And having come from an age where gender of each of my children was a total surprise, I have to say have fun with this. I know some who prefer not to know until birth, but have to admit it sure makes planning easier when you know in advance. But you'll be fine. And you are already bonding well with the baby. Don't need to know if it's a he or a she, just need to know you love the baby regardless, and that's always a wonderful thing.
I'm sorry you weren't able to find out. My ultrasound is in a week and a half and I'm DYING to know. What a fun summer you guys have had! We did our annual reunions, but other than that we basically kicked it at home. Haha. In my defense, I was sick.
Post a Comment