So, Emma is 17 months old. She is growing so fast, it's unbelievable! Well, she still weighs 22 lbs, but she's gotten so much taller. But she is really growing up. Here are a few of her favorite phrases lately:
"Mama! A car!!"
"Mama!! Les go outside!!"
"A ball! Kick it! Bow bow!!" LOL...apparently that is the sound a ball makes when you kick it. ;)
"Hi, how are you?"
"Here you go."
"All done! Okay!"
"Aaahchooo!!" every time she or someone else sneezes. Lol
"Whoa! What's that?!"
She begs to go "nigh night" when she's tired. We lay her down between 8 and 8:30 now, (and she still rarely sleeps passed 6am!), but if it's getting too close to 9pm and she is really tired, she will seriously cry "niiiigghhh niiigghhtttt!" the whole time we are getting her ready for bed until we lay her down. Sometimes she tells me "I go nigh night." And when I repeat it to her she says "ok." As if it were my idea. What a silly girl! :)
And she has just been learning lots and lots of new words lately. She is constantly chatting our ears off all day long! She mimics every single thing we say, too. So now would be a good time to start paying close attention to what we are saying!! She makes us laugh. :)
Lately she lets us know when she has a dirty diaper, and sometimes she tells us when she has to go. It's so early still, but we see potty training in the near future!!
This week Emma and I have both come down with a nasty cold. Mine, like usual, has been topped off by a sinus infection. We are hoping to get into the doctor today since he was SO busy yesterday. But let me tell you...this has been NO fun!! I don't get sick very often ever since I worked for a year at the Royal City elementary school a few years back. When you work with kids, you catch everything possible! But now when I do get sick, it seems to hit so much harder than it used to. How miserable! Casey never, ever gets anything. He never catches a cold! I don't know what is going on with him, he's some sort of Unbreakable or something. Lol! Emma and I, however, have not gotten any sleep in the last two nights. And what makes it worse is that the weather has been amazing, and it's hard to enjoy it when you're not feeling so amazing yourself.







3 comments:
Seriously in favor of you getting into the doctor. What a sweet post to share a little of your precious Emma! Love the sayings. Can't believe she's already old enough to be aware of her toilet functions. And to know when to go to bed! There are a lot of us adults who haven't figured that out yet!
Aw- Emma is growing up so fast. She is going to be such a big helper soon. :) Can't wait to smother her in hugs and kisses just so she can be a little confused about who the heck I am! HAHA!
She is getting to be a big girl. :) I know the cold thing. Marc rarely gets sick. I get sick more but not as much as I used to. Hope you two feel better soon. :)
Post a Comment