CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Newest Addiction


Some people in this world have what you would call an "addictive personality". They find something they like and that is all they want to do...or eat...or whatever that new interest may be. I'm not talking about drug addiction or anything like that. I'm talking about every day things! Well I've been thinking about it...and I just may be one of those people! I am addicted to shopping, playing on the computer, peanut buster parfaits from DQ, and beef jerky, to name a few. But this is my newest addiction...Wind Surfing! It is so much fun, anyone would get addicted to it, I promise. :)

I've always been a fan of water activities. Tubing has got to be one of the greatest things ever invented. This last weekend Casey and I were able to go boating and tubing with our best friends Karyn and Jason. We pretty much went to their whole family reunion. It was just across the lake...at the Jorgenson's house. I swear, those kids don't know if we are babysitters or family. Tubing was an absolute blast! Aside from biting my tongue off, bruising my kidney, and giving Casey a bloody nose! We also spent some time on our wind boards. So the pic I'm posting isn't of me, but it is a pretty picure of someone wind surfing. I'm not that good yet, but I am getting better each time I try it! Maybe next summer I will get good enough at it to actually go out on the ocean!? You never know!

Well this week is my very last week of AmeriCorps. I will be doing lots of paperwork, etc. I have never been more excited for something to end. I am tired of AmeriCorps...it's gotten the best of me this last year!! I look forward to closing that chapter in my life...and starting a brand new one by going back to school in September! I am also turning 22 next month! We get to watch those kids again next month for a week too, and that will be fun. So although I am very sad that summer is almost over, I think fall will be a great month too!

1 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

Aw Schwester! I think I need to do a blog on crazy activities that our family is into also! I love you, you crazy person you! haha!
Love gaga