So yesterday was a very eventful day! Casey and I rode up with my parents to Seattle. Shaylee was blessed, and she looked like a doll in her gorgeous white blessing dress!! After the blessing, we all had a big lunch and hung out for a while. It was fun! Before we left, my sister and I were going through some of Shaylee's newborn stuff, my sister gave me a bunch of things for Emma. (thanks Gaga!) and my dad was allll upset that we were taking so long. Then, of course, with me being PREGNANT and all I had to make a few stops on the way home. He is a very hardcore traveler, let me tell you. He does NOT enjoy stopping and delaying trips! Very annoying. Anyways, we then got stuck in a 45min. long traffic jam. The lanes were merging, but no one really understood why the traffic was completely stopped!! So, all impatient, we sat there...and sat there...and sat there. Finally it let up, and we were on our merry way again. Later into our trip, we saw TONS of ambulance, cop car, and fire truck lighst flashing up ahead. There were so many lights that just went all the way down the road, it could have been a carnival. We stopped, and to our horror, passed an ENORMOUS car accident! SOOO many cars were involved, and it covered a very large stretch of road. We saw cars rolled, smashed, and mangled. We saw paramedics attempting to save lives using the Jaws of Life. We even saw a poor girl being carried away on a stretcher. It was such a shocking experience...so scary. And I couldn't help but think to myself that all of those delays must have saved our lives. Honestly, if we had been there half an hour or so earlier, that could have been us. The thought of it sent chills down my spine. I am just so grateful that we were protected, and that my baby is safe.
This week I have another doctor's appt...they are now 2 weeks apart, and next month I have them only 1 week apart!! I am getting freakishly close to DEC 1 my BIG DAY!!! I still can't believe how far along I am...I really haven't felt very pregnant this whole time. Although, I have been feeling more so lately. That really is a normal thing though, considering the fact that I am 8 months!! All in all, however, this has been a really easy going pregnancy. I have been able to excercise on a regular basis, and I even rode on the back of the harley up until a couple weeks ago! HAHA! My lower back/hips ache a little now, and my feet swell when I eat too much salt. I love salt!!! Probably should think about giving some of that up for now though. :) Emma's due date is just approaching WAY TOO FAST, and I am getting a little nervous. I still cannot believe that I am going to be a MOMMY!!







3 comments:
that is so exciting that you are going to have a baby soon! I'm so happy i can read your blog now and get the update on your life! how fun, life is great for us as well, just having fun in Utah!
Oh Schwester... I totally agree with you about the delay's and such. When dad was yelling at us in the hallway I actually had that very thought that I was probably helping you guys avoid an accident so to cool it! lol! Mom said I scared her when I came back and gave dad another goodbye hug. The reason I did that though was so that he wouldn't be mad at me anymore. LOL! I'm glad you guys are safe. I would never have forgiven myself. Thank you so much for coming and blessing my little itty bitty!
I can't believe Emma is going to be here soon! I keep calling Shaylee Emma cause I'm so pumped... hehe! :) When we come down for Thanksgiving I'll bring more stuff for sweet Emma doll!
Love you!
gaga
Scary! That happened to us one time...we were just behind this trailer that started to swerve. If we had been a few seconds faster, we would have been passing it and right in the way of its swerving. Chris said it was a good thing he tied his shoe before we got in the car. Ha!
Also, you are going to be a CUTE mommy. I'm excited. :)
Post a Comment