CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

mmm...the smell of...nothing!!

So as many of you know by now, we have successfully moved again last week. This will make our NINTH move in 2 years and 3 months. Pretty excessive, eh? Well that's life when you are young and in school. There are many upcoming moves in the future, as well. That's okay, though, because we are accomplishing our goals!!
This move; however, was a little different from the last 8. We moved into an apartment here in Kennewick mid September. The moment Casey did the walk through he was appalled by the horrific odor of cigarette smoke. She assured him that the apartment was NOT a smoker's, but that the maintenance man must have smoked in there earlier that day. EW! Shouldn't that be against the rules?? So we moved in, and ended up living there for a whole month. The smell never did go away and we told them time and again that it was unacceptable, and that a pregnant women could not be living in these conditions, and that we are not going to put up with it. They attempted to clean the air with an ionizer, which really didn't work at all. Turns out that we were completely surrounded by smokers. Both sides, and below us. The smoke seeped through every vent and window, and you would have thought we were actually smoking inside the house. This is not an exaggeration, the smoke was so bad that we were getting headaches and I was getting nausiated! So Casey finally put his foot down and told her we will not live there anymore. They...oh so graciously...offered us a very nice clean apartment with new carpets and everything. So as much of a pain as it was, we made the move. My dad and Casey lifted ALL the heavy things by themselves!! My mom was a very big help, too. I couldn't lift much, but I did what I could!! It went very smoothly. We took it load by load, setting up the new place as we went, and it was nice.
Now we are in the process of picking up some last minute things that we left over at the old one, and we still have to clean it out a little. I am DISGUSTED when we walk into that apartment and the whiff off cigarette smoke just hits us in the face and practically suffocates us! I cannot believe we were living in that!!! It is just so repulsive.
I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am that we made that move. It smells like home now. We don't feel like we are living in a bar anymore. I am so glad that baby Emma will not have to be in that dirty environment. I am so happy with our new place!!

3 comments:

Mike and Aubrey Asay

Hey there!! I'm happy you found me on the blog world! AND that you got out of that apartment. Sorry I missed Emma's baby shower, we were out of town that week. I can't wait to see pics of her! Hope you guys are doing good!!
~Aubrey

Brian and Tonya

I'm glad you got to move out of that. Who would put a non-smoking apartment in the middle of smoking apartments. They need to be completely seperate buildings or sides of the building.

Nichole Gaertner

I know it was a pain, but I'm proud of you guys (Casey!) for putting your feet (?) down and pushing your rights. We should have done that since our place smells of other things, but I just didn't want to deal with another move. How funny, we only moved three times in four years! LOL! Anywho- can't wait to see it in November! Love you!
Love Gaga (NOT LADY GAGA! HAHA!)