So I've been talking about how I wanted to do a no sweets challenge again. Twenty five days without sweets is a long time, but it had such an impact. When we decided to end the challenge, it wasn't even like we were just starving for sugar...that craving had worn off! That feeling is really nice. So Casey and I started the challenge over...but without really having a set period of time. Should we just go a week at a time? Or maybe two weeks? Or should we just attempt the full 28 days once again?? We finally reached the consensus that we would cut sweets out for good, except for holidays and special occasions. Well, we quickly changed our minds on this, and let me explain why!
Here's my theory.
If you don't have a definite goal set for yourself, it is very easy to stray from the path you are intending to follow!
Friday night Casey and I went on our first date in a really long time. We go on "dates", but we always take Emma with us. But the CWU Early Learning Center has set up a monthly date night for students with kiddos-providing free child care for the evening. We decided to give it a try...although it was NOT easy for me!! I am not used to leaving Emma...anywhere! Only Casey's parents and my parents have watched her before. I am not accustomed to going places without her...I think I kind of prefer it that way. I'm a super paranoid mother... Lol. So it took me a week to fully process the fact that we would be going out, and leaving her with people we had never met before! When we dropped her off I didn't really handle it very well. :( But I did feel very comfortable with leaving her there once I was able to check it out. It was a clean, friendly, and professional environment. I may have shed a few tears as we walked out...but we were able to go on a date!! And-Emma ended up having an absolute blast there. She had a snack, did a project, and read some books. She was in little baby Emma heaven! ;)
So for our date we picked up some sub sandwiches and had a romantic moonlit picnic up on a hill. :) For this very special occasion/Valentine's Day date, we also got some ice cream from Dairy Queen! It was sooo good...but it kind changed our attitude toward eating sweets. It didn't feel like a strict enough rule. What, exactly, would we classify as a special occasion? And...would they pop up often enough for this challenge to even be challenging...or benefit us for that matter? So yeah...you guessed it. We are going back to our definite 28 day no sweets challenge. Knowing that ZERO sweet treats are allowed makes it much easier to stick to our guns! Beginning tomorrow...Valentine's Day...we will execute this challenge. :)
I've found a few 10K races that I will do this year. (6.2 miles). I figured it may do me some good to try that out before I attempt the half marathons. And I'm still triathlon training...however I'm not too excited about it, so I haven't made a decision on that yet. Even though I've been able to work on my swimming a lot more lately...it just doesn't appeal to me as much as plain ole running.
Albertson's went out of business last week. Kind of sad...but the sales were unbelievable! I bought groceries/household items for $67.00...while saving $173.00! Can't beat that! I went back the next day, though, and everything was gone. I wish I would have stocked up on some more things!! I also wish I hadn't bought practically every thing I needed at Wal-Mart the day before I went to Albertson's. Oh well, I have to admit, going to Yakima for a Wal-Mart trip with Casey is totally worth it! Have I mentioned how much I miss that store? You know, growing up in Moses Lake, you get used to those daily Wal-Mart trips.
Yesterday my parents were able to come up and spend the day with us! We had a lot of fun. And I'm sure Emma loved being able to see her Oma and Opa again. :)
Well tomorrow begins week #2 of month #2 of "Insanity". I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy doing this workout for an hour. I almost think month 1 of this workout is better because I put a lot of effort into it the entire 4o minutes. But an hour? Now that is asking a lot of me. ;)
I do, however, look forward to this week's swimming, running, and hopefully biking! And crossing my fingers for some nice weather!
Here's my theory.
If you don't have a definite goal set for yourself, it is very easy to stray from the path you are intending to follow!
Friday night Casey and I went on our first date in a really long time. We go on "dates", but we always take Emma with us. But the CWU Early Learning Center has set up a monthly date night for students with kiddos-providing free child care for the evening. We decided to give it a try...although it was NOT easy for me!! I am not used to leaving Emma...anywhere! Only Casey's parents and my parents have watched her before. I am not accustomed to going places without her...I think I kind of prefer it that way. I'm a super paranoid mother... Lol. So it took me a week to fully process the fact that we would be going out, and leaving her with people we had never met before! When we dropped her off I didn't really handle it very well. :( But I did feel very comfortable with leaving her there once I was able to check it out. It was a clean, friendly, and professional environment. I may have shed a few tears as we walked out...but we were able to go on a date!! And-Emma ended up having an absolute blast there. She had a snack, did a project, and read some books. She was in little baby Emma heaven! ;)
So for our date we picked up some sub sandwiches and had a romantic moonlit picnic up on a hill. :) For this very special occasion/Valentine's Day date, we also got some ice cream from Dairy Queen! It was sooo good...but it kind changed our attitude toward eating sweets. It didn't feel like a strict enough rule. What, exactly, would we classify as a special occasion? And...would they pop up often enough for this challenge to even be challenging...or benefit us for that matter? So yeah...you guessed it. We are going back to our definite 28 day no sweets challenge. Knowing that ZERO sweet treats are allowed makes it much easier to stick to our guns! Beginning tomorrow...Valentine's Day...we will execute this challenge. :)
I've found a few 10K races that I will do this year. (6.2 miles). I figured it may do me some good to try that out before I attempt the half marathons. And I'm still triathlon training...however I'm not too excited about it, so I haven't made a decision on that yet. Even though I've been able to work on my swimming a lot more lately...it just doesn't appeal to me as much as plain ole running.
Albertson's went out of business last week. Kind of sad...but the sales were unbelievable! I bought groceries/household items for $67.00...while saving $173.00! Can't beat that! I went back the next day, though, and everything was gone. I wish I would have stocked up on some more things!! I also wish I hadn't bought practically every thing I needed at Wal-Mart the day before I went to Albertson's. Oh well, I have to admit, going to Yakima for a Wal-Mart trip with Casey is totally worth it! Have I mentioned how much I miss that store? You know, growing up in Moses Lake, you get used to those daily Wal-Mart trips.
Yesterday my parents were able to come up and spend the day with us! We had a lot of fun. And I'm sure Emma loved being able to see her Oma and Opa again. :)
Well tomorrow begins week #2 of month #2 of "Insanity". I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy doing this workout for an hour. I almost think month 1 of this workout is better because I put a lot of effort into it the entire 4o minutes. But an hour? Now that is asking a lot of me. ;)
I do, however, look forward to this week's swimming, running, and hopefully biking! And crossing my fingers for some nice weather!







4 comments:
Woo hoo you are one busy little mommy bee! :) I love you! I'm glad you got to go on your date with just you and your hubby man. Those are important. :)
Love gaga
I think it would be so fun to get everybody in the family to run a marathon together!! It could be a yearly deal where we all go and run...like our marlatt family reunion.
Happy Valentine's Day. Your picnic date sounds wonderful. Was the weather that warm, or are you both insanely ok with cold things, though? Give your parents a hug from me next time you see them.
So I never usually respond to comments, because I don't know if people actually go back to see if I responded? But I'm just going to give it a shot. ;)
Thanks Gaga, I love you too! :)
Tom, that would be awesome!! I agree. Now we just need to convince everyone else...and that means your MOM too!!! Lol ;)
Aunt Julie,
Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :) It really wasn't too cold. After a while we did have to get back in the car, because the breeze felt a little chilly. But the weather has been pretty warm over here!
Post a Comment