My Aunt Julie has completed a challenge on her blog that has sparked my interest! It's the 30 Day Challenge, and it looks like a lot of fun. So she has been kind enough to send me the details, and I am going to take a stab at it myself! So here goes...day one! (a recent picture of yourself and 15 facts.)
1. My full name is Sylvia Marie Marlatt. I was supposed to be named "Silvia", after a Swedish queen. However, my dad misspelled it on the birth certificate. Haha! That's okay. The name "Sylvia" means forest...which is where my husband and I like to spend a lot of our time. :)
2. I am married to my best friend, Casey. He is a wonderful man. He is going to Central Washington University as he prepares to start a career in Dentistry. We both grew up in Moses Lake, Washington. However, we did not become "best freinds" until we both lived in Twin Falls, Idaho...a few years after high school. July 21st will mark our 4th year of marriage!
3. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love this Gospel, and I love my Heavenly Father! I don't know where I would be in life without Him.
4. On December 3rd, 2009, I gave birth to my little miracle. Her name is Emma Lynn.
5. I have only one sibling. Her name is Nichole, and she is 2 years and 10months older than I am. We have gone through all of our "stages" in life together. We are very close, and I love her very much. I am so grateful for my sister!!
6. My parents have been married for a very long time...and are a great example of "true love". My dad met my mom in Germany. He was in the army (for 20 years!) and met her when he was stationed over there! He brought my mom to America when she was only 18 years old. She still has a beautiful German accent, which I adore! My parents are so cute together, and their story is very romantic. I am really close to my parents as well. I can speak some German, too.
7. After high school I started school at the College of Southern Idaho, in Twin Falls. I was going into Secondary Education, to become a high school English teacher. Well, after having some experience in the classroom, I decided against that career. And then after doing a year of AmeriCorps, serving as an Elementary school tutor, I decided against Elementary Ed. as well. I then pursued further education to become a Dental Hygienist. I have so many credits but no degree yet. My last day of school was also the day I had Emma, and I have yet to return! I still plan on getting my degree, though.
8. Growing up, my sister and I had a cat. We got him from the Humane Society. He was all black, except for a patch of white on his chest. We called it his "bib". This cat was a part of our family, and I loved him! His name was Mickesch, or "mischief" in English. In his healthy days he weighed 30lbs!! He lived to be 18 years old. In fact, today is his birthday-February 28th. Don't think I'm weird for knowing that...haha! My parents had to put him to sleep recently. He was very old, and sick. :(
9. My sister and I raised 5 chickens when we were younger. They were our pets, and would actually run to us and love to be held!! When attacked by dogs, we actually took them to the vet and spent ridiculous amounts of money on them.
10. In my lifetime I have moved 15 times!! And I am only 24 years old.
11. Growing up, I didn't like to exercise, and I never played any sports. (Except for 8th grade softball, which doesn't really count, since I quit after about one week due to a painful concussion caused by a blow to the head with a metal bat.) Once I got married I started to work out more. Health became more important to me, and now I LOVE to exercise! I exercise at least once a day, and I really do enjoy it. I especially love to run.
12. I enjoy writing poetry and children's books. When I was in 3rd grade my teacher published a book that I had written! There are 3 copies out there. I am currently working on my first actual children's book. And I am looking forward to having my sister as my illustrator!!
13. I have a huge collection of recipes and cookbooks. I really love to cook! However, most of my favorite recipes are the ones I have in my head, and the ones that I have just tinkered with over time. Like my lasagna! Casey's favorite food. On Valentine's Day I finally got my lasagna just right. Now I wish I had written it down...haha.
14. I like to clean, and I clean often. When I was younger my sister introduced me by announcing to our church class of young women, "My little sister cleans her room for fun!!". I was so embarrassed!! But now I realize there may have been some truth to that...LOL.
15. I have a phobia of driving on the freeway next to Semi Trucks. They terrify me. Every time I get into my car to drive anywhere, I say a silent prayer to myself. Those darn trucks give me anxiety!!
2. I am married to my best friend, Casey. He is a wonderful man. He is going to Central Washington University as he prepares to start a career in Dentistry. We both grew up in Moses Lake, Washington. However, we did not become "best freinds" until we both lived in Twin Falls, Idaho...a few years after high school. July 21st will mark our 4th year of marriage!
3. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love this Gospel, and I love my Heavenly Father! I don't know where I would be in life without Him.
4. On December 3rd, 2009, I gave birth to my little miracle. Her name is Emma Lynn.
5. I have only one sibling. Her name is Nichole, and she is 2 years and 10months older than I am. We have gone through all of our "stages" in life together. We are very close, and I love her very much. I am so grateful for my sister!!
6. My parents have been married for a very long time...and are a great example of "true love". My dad met my mom in Germany. He was in the army (for 20 years!) and met her when he was stationed over there! He brought my mom to America when she was only 18 years old. She still has a beautiful German accent, which I adore! My parents are so cute together, and their story is very romantic. I am really close to my parents as well. I can speak some German, too.
7. After high school I started school at the College of Southern Idaho, in Twin Falls. I was going into Secondary Education, to become a high school English teacher. Well, after having some experience in the classroom, I decided against that career. And then after doing a year of AmeriCorps, serving as an Elementary school tutor, I decided against Elementary Ed. as well. I then pursued further education to become a Dental Hygienist. I have so many credits but no degree yet. My last day of school was also the day I had Emma, and I have yet to return! I still plan on getting my degree, though.
8. Growing up, my sister and I had a cat. We got him from the Humane Society. He was all black, except for a patch of white on his chest. We called it his "bib". This cat was a part of our family, and I loved him! His name was Mickesch, or "mischief" in English. In his healthy days he weighed 30lbs!! He lived to be 18 years old. In fact, today is his birthday-February 28th. Don't think I'm weird for knowing that...haha! My parents had to put him to sleep recently. He was very old, and sick. :(
9. My sister and I raised 5 chickens when we were younger. They were our pets, and would actually run to us and love to be held!! When attacked by dogs, we actually took them to the vet and spent ridiculous amounts of money on them.
10. In my lifetime I have moved 15 times!! And I am only 24 years old.
11. Growing up, I didn't like to exercise, and I never played any sports. (Except for 8th grade softball, which doesn't really count, since I quit after about one week due to a painful concussion caused by a blow to the head with a metal bat.) Once I got married I started to work out more. Health became more important to me, and now I LOVE to exercise! I exercise at least once a day, and I really do enjoy it. I especially love to run.
12. I enjoy writing poetry and children's books. When I was in 3rd grade my teacher published a book that I had written! There are 3 copies out there. I am currently working on my first actual children's book. And I am looking forward to having my sister as my illustrator!!
13. I have a huge collection of recipes and cookbooks. I really love to cook! However, most of my favorite recipes are the ones I have in my head, and the ones that I have just tinkered with over time. Like my lasagna! Casey's favorite food. On Valentine's Day I finally got my lasagna just right. Now I wish I had written it down...haha.
14. I like to clean, and I clean often. When I was younger my sister introduced me by announcing to our church class of young women, "My little sister cleans her room for fun!!". I was so embarrassed!! But now I realize there may have been some truth to that...LOL.
15. I have a phobia of driving on the freeway next to Semi Trucks. They terrify me. Every time I get into my car to drive anywhere, I say a silent prayer to myself. Those darn trucks give me anxiety!!
So there you have it! 15 facts about myself. It's funny how quickly I went through 15!! There are so many more facts about myself than that. But as much fun as it is to write about myself...I will just leave it at that. Haa!! Stay tuned for 29 more challenges to come...:)







4 comments:
Aw today IS Mickesch's birthday. I got teary eye'd just now. :( You silly exercising clean freak. HAHAHA! :P I love you!!!
Oh! and can you send me the stuff? I really want to do that too!!!! :)
Hooray, for you, Sylvia! I like your name with the "y" by the way. Fun things to learn about you. Can't wait to get a copy of your book with Nichole's illustrations! Your picture is fantastic, too. (Thanks for feeling sad about the cat dieing. I think it's wonderful that you had a pet that was so much a part of your family.)
Good luck with the 30 Day Challenge! I have never wanted to do it, I find it so daunting so I have the utmost respect for anybody who does accomplish it: and I'm certain you will.
As for your 15 facts: yes! I totally get the fear of semi trucks on the highway!
30 day challenge rocks! although, i'm glad it's over~!
Post a Comment