I really like this pic ^ but for some reason I can't get the bigger version of it so save to my computer so we'll just have to live with the smaller, fuzzier one. :(Well it has been a roller coaster over here in Ellensburg. One minute we have freak snowstorms...the next? Sunshine! I'm certainly not complaining about the sunshine, though. I've realized that yeah, we can't count on the weather to be nice this time of year. But you know what? We can't count on it to be crappy either...and that makes me happy!! :) We've gotten to advantage of the nice weather lately. I've been able to run a lot...and Casey, Emma, and I went on a great hike the other day! We also took our bikes out yesterday and went for our first ride of the year. Partly through snow, which is a first for me! Also, part of the way was against icy wind and uphill, which made pulling Emma in her little trailer a little uncomfortable. But all in all it felt awesome to go for a nice, long ride!!
So about this hike. We hauled Emma up a trail on the Manastash Ridge, which was approximately 2 miles up. It was pretty steep. We used to hike Badger Hill in Kennewick, and this was actually much more extreme! The snow had melted for the most part, so there was mud that was about 4-6inches deep! We were both wearing Yaktrax to help us with our traction, but the mud kept sucking mine off my shoes...which got really frustrating after about the 5th time. Casey carried Emma most of the way. I put the pack on for a while...but didn't make it too far. That thing is way heavier than it looked! Lol. The hike down was actually a lot worse than going up. It may not have raised our heart rate as much, but it was super slippery in a lot of places!! There was still a lot of ice on the trail. The next day my calves/shins hurt in areas that I really don't think I have ever felt before. It was such a nice hike, though!
So I have finally made my decision regarding my upcoming races. I'm not going to do any triathlons this year. I just really have no interest in training for a tri when all I really want to do right now is run. I am going to do a few 10Ks and maybe a 15K. And when I think about doing those races...I get SO excited!! Which is another reason why I don't want to do the triathlon thing anymore...I just don't look forward to any of it besides the running part! Haha! Although I still swim a few times a week, and LOVE riding my bike, my focus will be on training for these long distance races. :)
Emma has 3 molars. And the process of her getting these little monsters was miserable. For both of us...but of course mostly for her! She is such a big girl, getting her big girl teeth!! Haha.
She's been really funny lately...mimicking every word we say, using almost the exact tone that we do! Her new favorites are food words. Banana, apple, cheese, water, etc. lol. She also likes to exclaim "Oh no!!" when she falls over. And she copies her singing toy that sings words and colors. She uses a sing song voice, too, it is really funny!
One of my closest friends, Shelly, came to see me the other day! It was so much fun seeing her. We have been friends since second grade...so glad that we still are! :)
Okay...that's all I have for you today. Hope everyone gets the chance to get out there and enjoy the sudden spurts of sunshine!! :)
So about this hike. We hauled Emma up a trail on the Manastash Ridge, which was approximately 2 miles up. It was pretty steep. We used to hike Badger Hill in Kennewick, and this was actually much more extreme! The snow had melted for the most part, so there was mud that was about 4-6inches deep! We were both wearing Yaktrax to help us with our traction, but the mud kept sucking mine off my shoes...which got really frustrating after about the 5th time. Casey carried Emma most of the way. I put the pack on for a while...but didn't make it too far. That thing is way heavier than it looked! Lol. The hike down was actually a lot worse than going up. It may not have raised our heart rate as much, but it was super slippery in a lot of places!! There was still a lot of ice on the trail. The next day my calves/shins hurt in areas that I really don't think I have ever felt before. It was such a nice hike, though!
So I have finally made my decision regarding my upcoming races. I'm not going to do any triathlons this year. I just really have no interest in training for a tri when all I really want to do right now is run. I am going to do a few 10Ks and maybe a 15K. And when I think about doing those races...I get SO excited!! Which is another reason why I don't want to do the triathlon thing anymore...I just don't look forward to any of it besides the running part! Haha! Although I still swim a few times a week, and LOVE riding my bike, my focus will be on training for these long distance races. :)
Emma has 3 molars. And the process of her getting these little monsters was miserable. For both of us...but of course mostly for her! She is such a big girl, getting her big girl teeth!! Haha.
She's been really funny lately...mimicking every word we say, using almost the exact tone that we do! Her new favorites are food words. Banana, apple, cheese, water, etc. lol. She also likes to exclaim "Oh no!!" when she falls over. And she copies her singing toy that sings words and colors. She uses a sing song voice, too, it is really funny!
One of my closest friends, Shelly, came to see me the other day! It was so much fun seeing her. We have been friends since second grade...so glad that we still are! :)
Okay...that's all I have for you today. Hope everyone gets the chance to get out there and enjoy the sudden spurts of sunshine!! :)







2 comments:
Brrr! It's way too cold! ;) I hate this bipolar weather but am uber glad that there has been as many spurts of sun as there have been snow and gloom. Good luck on your races!!! Can't wait to see you Monday!
I think its wonderful that you live where you can hike in the hills already. Ours are still covered with snow. In fact, we just had another couple of feet this week. But the valleys are open and most of the snow has melted. And I cannot wait for spring!
Your baby is just so cute! Have fun with her.
Post a Comment