CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

And so it begins...again!


Well today is Sunday. Day #27 of our challenge. Remember how I said on my very last post that we were contemplating ending early for Casey's birthday? Well, we did. :) I don't believe anyone should have to sacrifice ice cream on their birthday. Cake, maybe. But not ice cream! Haha. Lacey and I had decided to break the sugar fast at midnight...as a little celebration of my and Casey's accomplishment. But then Casey decided he didn't really care to wait any longer, and I figured it wasn't really that big of a deal. I had one bite of Lacey's Blizzard and one bite of chocolate cake. That night Brittany took me and Lacey to a movie, and I ate a single "Dibbs" icecream bite. So I hardly ate any sweets at all...but I kinda did feel a little guilty. But you know what? I am very proud of us for reaching 25 days with out any goodies!! That is a freakin LONNNNG time!! And I am so surprised that we were able to do it. I am also very pleased with the results we have seen, so starting tomorrow-Monday-it begins again!!
I wasn't able to eat very much sugar because it all seemed way too sweet to me. And I am actually kind of relieved to start this challenge again. I'm not even dreading it. I may have reached a point where I really don't HAVE to have sweets!
Yesterday Lacey made French toast for breakfast, and surprisingly I was only able to eat one and a half pieces! So weird. It seemed incredibly sweet to me. Then Casey's dad took us to a boat show in Spokane. Peter and Lacey also came. It was fun! We got to look at some pretty sweet boats, and go inside some of the really big ones. We were there for a few hours. Afterwards Jerry treated us all to lunch at Red Robin! I had a yummy chicken and guacamole sandwich. Mmm! That evening we all had ice cream cake. Casey's mom made it for Casey's big day...and it was so delightful! :)
I was able to spend some time with one of my best friends, Holli. We had so much time just laughing at not having to worry about anything.,.until 2am!! I miss that the most when we are in Ellensburg--not having my friends and family near.
Emma has been feeling crummy again. Poor baby! It may be because she is teething, because that is really common. But we ended up staying an extra night here in Moses so that she could just relax here. So we were unable to go to church and teach our class today. I felt really bad. But maybe next week we will bring our kiddos some treats...that they can enjoy without us! ;)

3 comments:

Jenny Robbins

My last day of the 30 diet is tomorrow and I can't wait! I'm sooooo needing some chocolate.

Julie L

Doing a different kind of things with the sweets - trying hard to limit the number I eat per day. This is harder I think than going without because sugar is so insistent on making you crave more. But I'm getting there. I get my little sweet after dinner to signal that I'm through eating for a while, and I'm happy. For me I've got to change my habits to something I can live with for the rest of my life - which I'm really hoping will be a long time yet.

Congratulations on meeting the first challenge! And good luck on your next. I think that's terrific. Tell Casey happy birthday for me!

Undaunted

Congrats on your 25 days. Glad Casey had a great birthday.