Do you remember reading those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books back in the days of pigtails and jungle gyms? I do. And I have always had a fascination with those books. You're just reading along...and then you get to a part in the book where you have to make a crucial decision. "Should I turn to page 11...or 9? Will my decision be a wise one?? Will it affect how the story ends??" It certainly will!! And that is what I loved about those books. You, as the reader, actually got the privilege of choosing your own outcome to the story. It's much more realistic. It is much more "life" like. Because that's all life really is. One huge "Choose Your Own Adventure". Hence my blog name. As you go through life, you are writing a story. And if you actually take the time to write it down, ie. blogging, your posterity will have one amazing story to read someday.
I often refer to each new step in my life as "a new chapter". You've all heard this phrase, and I'm sure that you all can relate. My life has already had many, many new chapters. I mentioned in my previous post that I have moved 15 times in my 24 years. Each move is a new chapter...a new beginning...a new adventure to be chosen! This blog is not the full story of my life...but the story of Casey and myself. (11 of these 15 moves have been with Casey.) I began blogging about one year into our marriage...so it's missing the first chapter. Our "Boise" chapter...the newlywed stage. The decision we made during this time was a pretty crucial one. It indirectly led us here, to Ellensburg. After being in Boise for about four months, and loving every minute of it...we realized that we were pretty deeply in debt. So we made the decision to return to our home town...Moses, where Casey got a job at R.E.C. Silicone. Here we were able to save up enough money to pay off our tremendous debts and return to school! Leaving Casey's position at the plant was a painfully difficult decision to make. However, like the Choose Your Own Adventure books, these choices we make will forever impact our story's "happily ever after".
So this is our story. The story of Casey and Sylvia. As our little family continues to grow, our children and our grandchildren will become part of our story. As we experience more of life, our story will just get longer...and more interesting! And someday, I would like to print off these blog entries, and pass them on to my children in hopes that they, too, will be inspired to write a story of their own!
I often refer to each new step in my life as "a new chapter". You've all heard this phrase, and I'm sure that you all can relate. My life has already had many, many new chapters. I mentioned in my previous post that I have moved 15 times in my 24 years. Each move is a new chapter...a new beginning...a new adventure to be chosen! This blog is not the full story of my life...but the story of Casey and myself. (11 of these 15 moves have been with Casey.) I began blogging about one year into our marriage...so it's missing the first chapter. Our "Boise" chapter...the newlywed stage. The decision we made during this time was a pretty crucial one. It indirectly led us here, to Ellensburg. After being in Boise for about four months, and loving every minute of it...we realized that we were pretty deeply in debt. So we made the decision to return to our home town...Moses, where Casey got a job at R.E.C. Silicone. Here we were able to save up enough money to pay off our tremendous debts and return to school! Leaving Casey's position at the plant was a painfully difficult decision to make. However, like the Choose Your Own Adventure books, these choices we make will forever impact our story's "happily ever after".
So this is our story. The story of Casey and Sylvia. As our little family continues to grow, our children and our grandchildren will become part of our story. As we experience more of life, our story will just get longer...and more interesting! And someday, I would like to print off these blog entries, and pass them on to my children in hopes that they, too, will be inspired to write a story of their own!







1 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this. I remember those books from when my kids had them. They were so clever. Our stories are so like that. And your story is coming along pretty darn wonderful!
Oh, yeah, just wait for those grandkids. That's the funnest part! Trust me.
Post a Comment