What makes me different? That's easy. So first of all, I have a VERY unique differentiating feature. Okay yeah, my eyes are kinda cool but that's not it. ;) Yep I was born with, in my Mom's words, a "beauty mark" on my forehead. Kinda Hindu-ish...but I like to see it more as a Gypsy thing. :) And of course as a child I didn't like it, because it made me different. And what kid wants to be different?? But as I got older I realized that being different ROCKS! And now I actually kinda like that it makes me stand out a bit.
But all physical appearances aside, I feel that my personality is pretty unique. I am such a happy person. I don't know what it is, but seriously...life just makes me so happy! I have had people actually be annoyed by my positivity. So I think it's kinda...noticeable? Lol. But I feel like it's a good thing...not something to be bothered by. Who doesn't want to be happy? I read somewhere that singing out loud to yourself often is a sign of happiness...and I've definitely been showing signs. I usually "look on the bright side" of situations. I also try to help others to do the same in their own lives. Another thing is that I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I try not to assume that people are being intentionally hurtful or spiteful, and I try to recognize the person's better intentions. I find humor in many things that people don't always find humor in, and I laugh. A lot. I often focus on the happy moments in life...which in return brings me joy. I've always been this way, and I have married a man who is similar....which is nice! Now, I am definitely NOT trying to toot my own horn. And I'm not saying that I never experience sadness or anger...because that would be a lie!! In my mind I just feel like those moments aren't worth dwelling on. It is a characteristic that I feel I have been blessed with.
But all physical appearances aside, I feel that my personality is pretty unique. I am such a happy person. I don't know what it is, but seriously...life just makes me so happy! I have had people actually be annoyed by my positivity. So I think it's kinda...noticeable? Lol. But I feel like it's a good thing...not something to be bothered by. Who doesn't want to be happy? I read somewhere that singing out loud to yourself often is a sign of happiness...and I've definitely been showing signs. I usually "look on the bright side" of situations. I also try to help others to do the same in their own lives. Another thing is that I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I try not to assume that people are being intentionally hurtful or spiteful, and I try to recognize the person's better intentions. I find humor in many things that people don't always find humor in, and I laugh. A lot. I often focus on the happy moments in life...which in return brings me joy. I've always been this way, and I have married a man who is similar....which is nice! Now, I am definitely NOT trying to toot my own horn. And I'm not saying that I never experience sadness or anger...because that would be a lie!! In my mind I just feel like those moments aren't worth dwelling on. It is a characteristic that I feel I have been blessed with.







1 comments:
It's that bubbly happiness I've always noticed about you, too.
When I think of Sylvia, I think of smiles! What a great thing to be thought of. Don't ever worry about what others think. Someone who doesn't love to be around someone who's positive is really dealing with their own issues, don't you think? I say hooray for optimism!!!!
Post a Comment