CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 9...So Proud! :)

Something I'm Proud of in the Past Few Days:

Vanilla wafers: 88 calories for 5 cookies. Extras**: 48 calories
Ice Cream: 369 calories for 1 cup. Extras: 309 calories
Milk Shake: 590 calories for 15oz. Extras: 425 calories
Peanut M&Ms: 243 calories for 1.67oz. Extras: 110 calories
Chocolate covered butter cream candies: 293 calories for 4 pieces. Extras: 260 calories
Cherry Pop Tarts: 409 calories for 1 package. Extras: 165 calories.


**Extras: Solid Fats, Added Sugars

(information from mypyramid.gov)

These are all of the goodies (that I can remember off the top of my head) that I gave up this last weekend. Really, people, there is a reason why cutting out sweets has helped me lose 19lbs so far!! Casey and I went to his parents' house, and these are all the things that I had to tell myself "no" to. Looking back, I am extremely grateful that I did!! That is a lot of fat and sugar!! It was NOT easy, and that's why I am claiming to be "proud" of it. :) I can't even believe that I could actually turn all of these delicious things down!! But I weighed myself when I returned home, and i had lost 2lbs. This is a firm reminder to myself of why I am cutting out sweets to begin with!! Not to mention that the portion sizes I have listed on there are probably not accurate with myself; most of them would look bigger than that. Because come on...who really only eats 1 cup of ice cream?? NOT ME!!!