CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

spring break '11

My new favorites :)




Look at us...hard at work. HA!!!


















Well...I'm back!! That was one LONNNG break. It was filled with family, freinds, and lots of fun. My baby girl has learned lots of new things lately, like folding her arms during prayers and saying "amen!". She can also point out where her nose, mouth, and ears are when we ask her. She has such an abnormally large vocabulary for her age, and she seems to soak up new words so fast!! Yes, I am a proud mommy. :)
It was such a fun week babysitting the Jorgensen's!! It had been a while since we've stayed there and watched them, because we keep moving away from Moses Lake. But even though we don't live there now, it worked out great...and we had a great time. The kids were so good with Emma, too!
When I returned home from that, one of my very best friends, Holli, came to stay with me for a couple days. Casey and I spend a huge amount of time traveling, so it is so nice when people actually come here to visit! We had lots of fun. :) On Saturday we hiked the Manastash Ridge...which was a blast!! Casey's friend, Erich, came with us. He is one of the most fit people that Casey and I know...and I did a good job of keeping up with him!! It felt good. :) Holli was kinda shocked. Lol! I was super proud of her for hiking the entire thing though!! Let's just say she wasn't in love with the whole thing. ;) But we decided we are going to do it again next time she comes, just to see if maybe she can learn to enjoy it. Haha! :) Well anyways...the top half of the mountain was incredibly wet, muddy, and painfully slippery. On the way up we developed large puddles of water in our insufficient tennis shoes. This was melted snow, mind you!! I told Holli that we should just tell ourselves that we are swimming with our shoes on, and then maybe the squishy shoes would become more tolerable? It didn't really work. And once we began the journey downhill, our heart rates slowed down...resulting in colder feet! After a very short distance, our feet were absolutely frozen!! Mine started to get numb, and I swear I was on the brink of frostbite!! ;) Haha. Well it was really hard to keep our footing in these slippery conditions...and we were seriously rushing down that mountain in order to get the feeling back into our feet and get Emma back to the lower, warmer climate in hopes to put a stop to her insistent screaming...so I biffed it a few times. Didn't hurt much of anything aside from my pride. Or so I thought at the time! The next day my ankle was hurting. I took that day off because it was Sunday, but on Monday I ran a really quick 5K, halfway uphill, only to finish with a severe pain in my ankle. I ended up icing it for a few days...and it did bruise. But to make it worse, my other foot started to ache and it turns out I had injured it as well. So I have had to take a week off of running. I plan to start up again today!! I am very pleased that I haven't gained any weight from this lack of exercise. :)
After Holli's visit, we took off for Kennewick to see my parents. We stayed there for 3 nights. I loved the time I got to spend with my mom and dad!! Casey pulled out the stump of a willow tree that had been knocked over in a windstorm. That tree was massive!! It took quite a bit of time and effort, but he tackled the thing!! My mom and I were pretending to help, just for picture's sake. I claimed to be strong by association. ;) However, Casey did it all on his own. Not gonna lie.
After visiting my parents, we stayed a night in Moses again, with his parents. Casey's mom offered to watch Emma so that we could go on a date! It has been so long since we've had a real date!! :) Casey took me out for dinner, then we went for a night drive, then a romantic moonlit walk. We had a really fun time. It was nice just to be able to talk and talk without having to worry about anything. "So lucky to have married my best friend..." :)
We got home on Thursday. I so love our little home. I love the feeling of being here with my own little family.
On Saturday Peter and Jerry came up and we all went jeeping up in the mountains. We took Emma with us too...I think she kinda panicked when we would get stuck!! But it was a fun time.
Yesterday Casey and I had to sing in front of the congregation during sacrament meeting with all of the primary kids. We had completely forgotten about this, so in a panic we just packed Emma up there with us! She did surprisingly well. After the song was over (even though clap in church, sometimes I think we wish we could!) Emma clapped loudly and yelled "Yaaaayyy!!!!" Everyone laughed. It was cute. :)
So today is the last day of Spring Break. It was a very busy, FUN one!! Tomorrow begins Casey's third quarter at CWU. He is taking 19 credits!! He is insane, I'm tellin' ya. But I am so proud of him. And he has been doing so well.
Well, here's to one more day of relaxation and no obligations!

0 comments: