My tired girl...lookin a little grumpy.
Emma Lynn is the loudest, most talkative baby I have ever met. She talks non stop!! Often times her nonsense chatter sounds so much like real sentences, it's hilarious! We always ask her "What are you doin?" And now she tries to mimic those words. She's getting kinda close to "whattayadoinn!?" Haha. She also tells me "Ow!" when she pulls my hair. Yes, she is mocking me. ;) And she tells me "No!" When she blatantly gets into mischief. Again, I believe she is mocking me. Lol. Lately her favorite silence fillers are "what uh what uh what uh what uh...", and "Duck a duck a duck a ..." And trust me, she doesn't allow the reverence of church to impede upon her joyful babbling. The best is when she waves and says "hi!" to her stuffed animals, to us, her reflection, and to any other person who gives her attention. It's a really high pitched,innocent sounding "hiiii" that always catches her listener's attention. It's really sweet. However, I absolutely do not find her little greetings very amusing at 2am when she decides that she would like to strike up conversation. Um, no. Child, you need to go BACK to sleep! To put things simply, none of us are benefiting from this room-sharing business. We had our hopes...but we are NOT adjusting!! Blessed be the day when we move into a 2 bedroom apartment once again. This Mommy is sleep deprived and on edge!! Not to mention this on-going headache of mine. :( So those of you who know Emma know that she can be a little stinker at times. We desperately want to have well behaved children, so right now we have been introducing the "no" word. I always secretly told myself that I would not be one of those mothers who overused the word. You see, I didn't want one of those kids who frequently told me "no!" because they hear the word so often. But you know what? It is unbelievable how quickly kids pick that word up, no matter how little you use it!! So now the word is in full swing in our home, complete with Emma mimicking it right back to us and all. For now, we are focusing our discipline on two main areas of the house. 1: cords. And 2: the trash can. Nothing else seems to be an issue. Yet. I mean, she tries to get into everything and eat everything, so I am pretty much a freak about cleaning and vacuuming my floors a million times a day. (Which you'd know is not as intense as it sounds if you were to see how tiny our place is. Haha.) So for now...she only really can get into the trash, and try to play with cords. But wow, she does not take reprimanding very well!! When I am not stern about it, she can tell, and like I mentioned before she just tells me "no no no!", and defiantly...if 10 month old babies CAN be defiant.... continues to test me.But she is so sensitive and often bursts into tears of devastation when we are stern with her. Good thing we are training ourselves now, because this is not easy. It breaks our hearts. LOL but we have to be consistent!
As tricky as the whole "disciplining" thing may get, I have to say that Emma has been more of a joy in our lives every single day. I am so proud of her and of her accomplishments. She has now taken 5 steps at once, and has also became quite an impressive dancer! Haha. Don't tell her this, but I think she got her rhythm from her Daddy. ;) And guess what? Today was probably the easiest 3 hours of church we have attended in 10 months. She was so good! She also SLEPT during the 3rd hour!! YAY!!! Maybe she will get accustomed to it. Those long 3 hours of church are so hard for babies and kids. But I guess all we can do is keep taking them, and wait for them to finally accept it as part of their routine! :) I know that it will pay off in the long run. My sister and I are proof of that!! Thanks, Mom, for always taking us to church. Look, it did pay off for us!! :)
As tricky as the whole "disciplining" thing may get, I have to say that Emma has been more of a joy in our lives every single day. I am so proud of her and of her accomplishments. She has now taken 5 steps at once, and has also became quite an impressive dancer! Haha. Don't tell her this, but I think she got her rhythm from her Daddy. ;) And guess what? Today was probably the easiest 3 hours of church we have attended in 10 months. She was so good! She also SLEPT during the 3rd hour!! YAY!!! Maybe she will get accustomed to it. Those long 3 hours of church are so hard for babies and kids. But I guess all we can do is keep taking them, and wait for them to finally accept it as part of their routine! :) I know that it will pay off in the long run. My sister and I are proof of that!! Thanks, Mom, for always taking us to church. Look, it did pay off for us!! :)







3 comments:
HAHA! She's so silly! Josh and I use "leave it" sometimes so that Aiden and Shaylee hear new words of deterrment! haha! :)
she sounds like so much fun! and i am sure you guys are great parents, i hope i can meet her one day.
Hi Sylvia!
You welcome, love Mom.
Post a Comment