Okay, so as I have mentioned we have moved to Ellensburg. I don't think I have gone into much detail about my new life here, so I am going to tell you all about it right now! I am excited to start a new chapter in our lives...and I think it's kind of amusing that I have had the opportunity to use this expression as often as I have. This must be one fat book we're writing. Ha. ;)
So far I have had mixed feelings about moving here. So I think the best way to get my thoughts across will be the classic "pros and cons" form. I will list the pros followed by the accompanying cons.
We have a Fred Meyer here...which I have adored since my first experiences with this store during Idaho college life. :)
There is no Wal-Mart. And I know that I have frequently voiced my negative opinions of this place...which are magnified in the small town of Moses Lake...but let's face it! I need Wal-Mart!! Did you know that Wal-Mart is one of the very few stores that sells smoked Swiss in their deli?? It's true. I thrive on that specific type of cheese. And come to find out, smoked Gouda is no comparison. Gross. :( Also, I am lost without my Great Value favorites!!
The air here is very clean, and the water is extremely clear. It feels awesome to live so close to the forest!! And the parks are absolutely gorgeous here!
It is freakin cold here. I think it's going to snow this week. Umm...where did my Autumn go??
Everyone I have met here is super friendly. Everyone stops to talk to me at the store, and even to Emma. No one is afraid to strike up conversations with strangers! It's been fun.
I guess there is no real con here, except for the fact that I have no friends yet...but like anything, that will just take a little time. I've met lots of really nice people at church! I love that no matter where you go, you can always feel right at home in the church. I am very grateful for the gospel.
Our house is way nice. Casey and I have lived in some incredibly nice places. And really, that's an understatement. BUT we have also experienced our fair share of the ghetto, and this is not the ghetto. This place is very clean and cute. :)
It is pretty dang small here though! We sent back about 12 full boxes and our dresser!
We are very lucky to have our own washer and dryer. Thank you Tom and Alisha for that wedding gift a few years back. :)
There are no washer/dryer hook ups here!! This is literally the first time in my entire life (aside from camping, of course. ha) that I haven't had immediate access to the washer & dryer!! And it is really pricey to do a load at the facility here!!
I have a new jogger stroller so that I can keep up my work out routine without Laura being here to watch Emma. I also have started doing Insanity again, which I had temporarily pushed aside for the summer while I was training for my Triathlon.
I will definitely miss my work out buddies!!! We had lots of fun together.
I really, REALLY miss my family and Casey's family. There isn't even a pro to go with that one. :(
Well, all in all I really do like it here. In my mind I have been focusing mostly on the pros. I think it's just been easier to shove those dirty cons in the back of my mind and forget them there. It is, however, very therapeutic to actually sit here and write them all down! Still, no pics. I'm sorry. I have NO pictures whatsoever of our last place, because I am such a perfectionist about my home. I won't take those pictures until everything looks perfect. So I hope I won't neglect to do so this time!!
So far I have had mixed feelings about moving here. So I think the best way to get my thoughts across will be the classic "pros and cons" form. I will list the pros followed by the accompanying cons.
We have a Fred Meyer here...which I have adored since my first experiences with this store during Idaho college life. :)
There is no Wal-Mart. And I know that I have frequently voiced my negative opinions of this place...which are magnified in the small town of Moses Lake...but let's face it! I need Wal-Mart!! Did you know that Wal-Mart is one of the very few stores that sells smoked Swiss in their deli?? It's true. I thrive on that specific type of cheese. And come to find out, smoked Gouda is no comparison. Gross. :( Also, I am lost without my Great Value favorites!!
The air here is very clean, and the water is extremely clear. It feels awesome to live so close to the forest!! And the parks are absolutely gorgeous here!
It is freakin cold here. I think it's going to snow this week. Umm...where did my Autumn go??
Everyone I have met here is super friendly. Everyone stops to talk to me at the store, and even to Emma. No one is afraid to strike up conversations with strangers! It's been fun.
I guess there is no real con here, except for the fact that I have no friends yet...but like anything, that will just take a little time. I've met lots of really nice people at church! I love that no matter where you go, you can always feel right at home in the church. I am very grateful for the gospel.
Our house is way nice. Casey and I have lived in some incredibly nice places. And really, that's an understatement. BUT we have also experienced our fair share of the ghetto, and this is not the ghetto. This place is very clean and cute. :)
It is pretty dang small here though! We sent back about 12 full boxes and our dresser!
We are very lucky to have our own washer and dryer. Thank you Tom and Alisha for that wedding gift a few years back. :)
There are no washer/dryer hook ups here!! This is literally the first time in my entire life (aside from camping, of course. ha) that I haven't had immediate access to the washer & dryer!! And it is really pricey to do a load at the facility here!!
I have a new jogger stroller so that I can keep up my work out routine without Laura being here to watch Emma. I also have started doing Insanity again, which I had temporarily pushed aside for the summer while I was training for my Triathlon.
I will definitely miss my work out buddies!!! We had lots of fun together.
I really, REALLY miss my family and Casey's family. There isn't even a pro to go with that one. :(
Well, all in all I really do like it here. In my mind I have been focusing mostly on the pros. I think it's just been easier to shove those dirty cons in the back of my mind and forget them there. It is, however, very therapeutic to actually sit here and write them all down! Still, no pics. I'm sorry. I have NO pictures whatsoever of our last place, because I am such a perfectionist about my home. I won't take those pictures until everything looks perfect. So I hope I won't neglect to do so this time!!







3 comments:
It's true that there are always pros and cons to each place, but I'm glad you are focusing on the pros. The place we are at now has it's fair share of cons, but it's by far the best places we've lived in yet, so I'm way happy. I'm sad we didn't hang out too! If either of us come to the other's towns, we should make a mandatory visit. :)
Sylvia- it'll get so much easier once you make a buddy buddy with kids! I promise you! I've been there- literally and grew to ADORE it! You should go to Friday Forums- not even kidding!!! ;)
I agree Emma,
what happens at Grandma's
stays at Grandma's.
Love, one of your Grandma's
Post a Comment