CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

home sweet home.

This is my "Angel of Caring". Holli gave her to me for my birthday. It's a Willow Tree, carved completely out of wood! I think that these are just so pretty!! Thanks, friend, for such a special gift. The funny thing is that a while ago Holli mentioned that someone had given her a Willow Tree as a gift, and I took it literally. I was thinking, "wow...you got a tree...where are you going to put it??" Haha she got a kick out of that. :)

I finally finished unpacking and setting up! We don't have a ton of stuff...and some things I just decided not to unpack until the next move. Ha. Maybe from these pics you can tell how small it is here!! But we do like it. :)




See that rack off to the side of our kitchen? We had to buy that at Fred Meyer, the only store here haha, because we seriously have no cupboard space. But I kind of like it. It is an awesome storage shelf!!



I just love the playful atmosphere that Emma's toys and books add. Very classy. ;)
oh well, that's life as a mommy for ya!!




"Peace out, I'm going to school. I'll call you if I need a ride home."
Ciao, Baby. Have fun with your plastic teddy bear.
bahahaa :)

So last week was a little more eventful in this new town of ours. I took Emma to "Baby Bounce", a Literary Program for babies at the public library. All the moms sat in a circle with their babies, and there was story time, dancing, singing, etc. It was really interactive, and actually kind of fun! Emma had a blast. Afterward, I got the chance to meet some of the young moms, and they invited me to go on their big group walk that they have a couple times a week. That should be a fun way to meet some other young moms here! We also had the opportunity to attend some fun church activities, where we met other young couples with kids. And then, we went to a potluck which I understood was for everyone. I heard them announce it at church on Sunday. However, it was actually for the "High Priests"...which is a nice way of saying "Old Folks". HAHA!! Apparently I heard wrong. :) So...we crashed their party. It was awkward at first...and we were so embarrassed. But we got to know those people there, and they were so much fun. We had a nice time! And I supplied a great percentage of the main course with my Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine. :)
Even merely going to the grocery store in this town is entertaining. Everyone talks to you as if you've known them forever. The people here are super nice! I've learned some random things about people I have never met before. HAHA!
Dee and Brittany came to visit us last night. It was so good to see them and the kids! We ate at this old fashioned diner here, and it was really yummy! I ordered the most delicious chocolate milkshake...complete with whipped cream...and half of it ended up on my lap. :( That is probably something that I am not going to be able to get over for a very long time.
Well I'd like to conclude by saying that I have killed more spiders in the month that we've lived here than I had killed in the last YEAR. Disgusting. Not to mention the fact that I have a severe case of Arachnophobia. In the event of seeing a spider, I start to shake, of course scream, sweat, sometimes hyperventilate, and once in a while I cry. My heart races, and I can't think straight. Why? Why do there have to be spiders? I don't understand how something so terrible has the right to enter my home!!! UGH.
Well my favorite holiday EVER is coming up. I am really looking forward to it!! I will be sure to take plenty of pictures of my girl's first Halloween. I hope everyone thoroughly enjoys their holiday. It's a great excuse to eat loads of chocolate!!

3 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

Loved this post! I love your apartment. It seems bigger then your last one- even though it did have two bedrooms. It's super cute. Emma and her plastic teddy bear cracked me up! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love you!!

Julie L

Oh, what a sweet apartment! It looks darling. And Emma is adorable! And the country around your place looks really gorgeous!

I love your story about the High Priest social. Having just gone to one, ourselves, I'm absolutely certain everyone was happy to have you there - especially since you brought something other than chips or a dessert!

(BTY - I found your blog as you can see, from going on to Nicole's. So you don't have to send me your address now. Love you!)

Undaunted

Your home looks great! Glad to see you are settling in. :)