I recently had a conversation with my sister about how I rarely blog about negative things in my life. I don't, because 1: I normally blog because I'm happy...and 2: People usually don't enjoy reading things that make them feel bad.
However, today I have the urge to get a few things off my chest, and if you really aren't in the mood for that type of thing...I'm warning you now! ;)
Okay...Here goes!
When somebody calls you, and you don't call back, that is generally considered RUDE. The same goes with emails. Just saying.
Also. You know those people that you call "friends"...but only act as such when it is convenient for them? Or only have time for you when they decide to fit you in? Or that are so self absorbed and consumed by their own lives that they just somehow forget to be there, to be reliable? I'm sure you know the kind of person I'm talking about. I know I do. I have mysteriously attracted many of these people in my life over the years. And frankly, they are getting on my last nerve. C'mon people. Learn the meaning of true friendship.
Now, if you are reading this, I hope you're not thinking: "oh no! She BEST not be talking about me!" Lol. And chances are, I'm not. Don't be offended. ;)
Please forgive me for being so negative. I love all of my true friends and family that are most likely the ones that will be reading this.
I blame my awful mood on the fact that today was a super hard day. Everything else aside, Casey has gone to Moses Lake for the weekend and has left me to house sit my parents house and watch their pets...and take care of Emma alone. I'm not irritated in any way that he left, he is working. But it is hard just the same. It wouldn't be so bad if my mom wasn't in Germany. :( I just realized today that I am NOT cut out to be a single mom. Kudos to all of you out there that actually are! I think Emma has an ear ache or something, to make matters worse. It has just been one of those days that make you want to go to bed and start all over again.
There. I feel better now.
However...
I refuse to end this post on such a depressing note. So here are a few happier things!
I got my first sunburn of the year today! WOO!! Bring on the sunshine!! :)
Emma has been rolling across the floor like crazy...she is trying so hard to crawl! She also stands, when we hold her hands of course. :) She still only says DA DA DA, but ooh I am just waiting for the MA MA MA. lol!! Like she knows what she's saying. ;) She also has been squealing with delight, and every day she seems happier and happier. Her voice is so high pitched...my mom informs me that I am to blame for this...sometimes it is as ear peircing as the highest pitched squeal of an old car's squeaky breaks. Haha! But she does it when she's happy, so it's cute! She licks everything, and tries to pull everything and anything to her mouth to chew on. Including my face (OUCH), and even her own ears. She bites hard, too!!
And this girl is quite the chatterbox. She had her first boat ride last weekend and she LOVED it. She was singing the whole time.She is constantly talking or making some sort of noise!! We have the feeling that she will only get worse as she gets older. She is a girl anyway...my girl at that! :)
Emma brings so much joy to our lives. We are so blessed to have her!







4 comments:
I so know what you mean about fair-weather friends. I had to weed people like that out of my life. So, I feel bad that we haven't gotten together yet. I'm basically a really lazy bum. We'll have to plan something soon. Emma sounds like a sweetheart. Can't wait to meet her.
Being mommy with Daddy around is hard enough! Hang in there, Casey will return soon and you will appreciate him that much more! Summer weather is here so get out with Emma and enjoy...but this time wear sunscreen. ;) It is always so nice to get out of the house when you have a little one.
Thank you Allison! And you're right...I definitely need to remember the sunscreen! :)
Jenny, I'm so glad you understand and now I don't feel quite so bad for complaining. :) I know how you feel, I have been lazy about it myself! But yes, we need to plan something. Emma is sweet, can't wait for you to meet her either!
LOL! As you know everything I would say- probably because I've already sait it- I won't bore you with too many more particulars. Especially since it would probably just make me a hyprocrite! HAHA! But I love you sister and we're all allowed to be angry at the people in our lives that are supposed to be supportive.
Love you!
Post a Comment