Everyone keeps telling me that I must have some kind
of super freak for a baby...because
according to this post Emma grew 2 FEET in one month! HA!
CORRECTION:
Emma grew 2 inches in one month. Not as impressive, I know. ;)
Today Emma had her 6 month checkup...complete with shots! Oh boy, does she hate shots. She pushed so hard against the doctor, and he couldn't believe how strong she is! Her face turned purple, got all scrunched up and her mouth was open so wide you could see her stomach if you wanted to...but not a sound came out for a good 10 seconds! HAHA! I was sad...but I can't lie, it was kind of funny. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was hearing the doctor tell us that Emma is "severely malnourished". And Mom, it's not my fault! He said that I feed her plenty often, and plenty long enough. She just isn't getting the fat she needs. In one month she has grown 2 feet. She is 26 inches long, which is the 50th percentile. However, she has dropped from the 25th to the 5th percentile in weight! She weighs 13lb. Poor girl. We knew she was small, but the 5th percentile? That shocked us. So now I have to feed her as much formula as she will eat after each time she is nursed. UGH. Formula smells awful, not to mention how bad it will make all of her "messes" smell. LOL. But that's okay. I hope it helps! Plus, he said no more solids. He wants her to get as much formula, which is more fatty, as possible. Too bad for her! She adores food!! She has to go back in one month to check her weight. Tomorrow we also have to get her blood tested to make sure it isn't anything serious that is causing this lack of weight gain. :( It worries me. Hopefully everything will be okay.
of super freak for a baby...because
according to this post Emma grew 2 FEET in one month! HA!
CORRECTION:
Emma grew 2 inches in one month. Not as impressive, I know. ;)
Today Emma had her 6 month checkup...complete with shots! Oh boy, does she hate shots. She pushed so hard against the doctor, and he couldn't believe how strong she is! Her face turned purple, got all scrunched up and her mouth was open so wide you could see her stomach if you wanted to...but not a sound came out for a good 10 seconds! HAHA! I was sad...but I can't lie, it was kind of funny. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was hearing the doctor tell us that Emma is "severely malnourished". And Mom, it's not my fault! He said that I feed her plenty often, and plenty long enough. She just isn't getting the fat she needs. In one month she has grown 2 feet. She is 26 inches long, which is the 50th percentile. However, she has dropped from the 25th to the 5th percentile in weight! She weighs 13lb. Poor girl. We knew she was small, but the 5th percentile? That shocked us. So now I have to feed her as much formula as she will eat after each time she is nursed. UGH. Formula smells awful, not to mention how bad it will make all of her "messes" smell. LOL. But that's okay. I hope it helps! Plus, he said no more solids. He wants her to get as much formula, which is more fatty, as possible. Too bad for her! She adores food!! She has to go back in one month to check her weight. Tomorrow we also have to get her blood tested to make sure it isn't anything serious that is causing this lack of weight gain. :( It worries me. Hopefully everything will be okay.







4 comments:
That is scary! I just thought she was a petite little girl! :) Hopefully she'll start gaining weight & all will be well!
Weird because she looks as perfect as can be in your pics! I know how you feel about the formula. That crap is nasty....and....that crap is nasty! The formula smells horrible and then of course her diapers are gonna be so stinky. Aubrey only had formula a handful of times and her diapers were horrible smelling, but anything to keep Emma healthy! I hope she starts gaining some weight for her health, and your sanity. It drives a mother crazy to think their baby is not well. Hang in there.
Amanda, that's what we thought too! But yeah, hopefully!!
Allison, thank you. I don't think she looks Ethiopian or anything.So it was kinda surprising. UGH I am not excited about the stinky formula!!! LOL. I hope it works though!! You're right...it is driving me crazy to think she's not well. But I'm sure she'll put on some fat eventually!
Baby Emma is a fatty-cheeked baby. It surprises me that the doctor said that. I'm sure the formula will do the trick! Aiden was a chubby little man and he was on formula!
Post a Comment