CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

11 & 12...and more.

Day 11 was to be a letter written to someone who has hurt me. Well, I did that. I posted it...for about 30 minutes at the most. After giving it a lot of thought I have reached the conclusion that some things are just better left unsaid. Right? lol

So on to day 12!! :)

How you found out about Blogger, and why you have one.

Wow...I honestly couldn't remember when I started my blog, so I had to go back and look at the first post! I thought I started it when I lived in Idaho (2005-2007ish)...but I actually started it after we moved back to Moses Lake in July of '08. I wanted to keep a blog because my sister was doing it, and it looked like fun! My sister is the one that showed me how to do it, and she helped me set it up. Thank goodness, because it was kind of overwhelming at first! The purpose was to be able to keep my family and freinds updated on my life and everything. It has become more than that, though...and I have been having a lot more fun with it than I thought I would!! :)

So this weekend we are headed back to Moses Lake to house sit for the freinds we usually babysit for. They are making a road trip to Florida. It should be fun!
My right ankle and left foot both feel better. I was able to run for the first time since I injured myself (hiking...lol). I also attended my first "butts and guts" class at the gym. My friend, Kelsey, received a free month's membership for herself and a friend, and that friend is me.:) So we are really excited to try all of the many classes they have to offer! Lifting is fun...running on the treadmill can be nice, if the weather is bad. BUT...the classes are the best part! I used to do Jazzercize, and I have learned that having a class to go to is really motivating, and sometimes it encourages me to push myself harder! This ab and buns class seriously works. I woke up more sore than I have been in a LONG time!! Insanity is the only thing that has ever made me that sore. I am still sore from the class! I love it. I look forward to this month of feeling the burn!
I also keep forgetting to mention my new plans for the Moses Lake Triathlon this Spring. I had decided not to do it, and just focus on my 10K races this year. However, my sister called me with the idea of doing it as a team! She has been swimming a lot, and is quite good at it. She really wants to swim in the race. As you know, I really don't want to swim in the race. Lol. So. We have decided to help each other out. ;) She will swim, and I will bike and run. I am excited to do this as a team with my only sister. It will be so awesome to accomplish something like this together. It will be her first race, so we are going to aim to beat my last time...which will be a piece of cake, not gonna lie. :/ lol. It was a decent time, but not my best, that's for sure.
So I went on my first bike ride of the season. Casey and I did a 12.1 ride the other day. The first half was intense! Not only do I have Emma's trailer to pull, but we were riding against the wind, and when I say wind I mean WIND. Also, a good portion of it was uphill! So...how's that for training!!?
I am loving this warmer weather, and mostly for the purpose of training, I welcome Spring with open arms. :)

2 comments:

Nichole Gaertner

Aw- you should label this post as "sister" or something. I think I'm actually blushing at how often I appeared here. HAHA! JK!!! :) I am SO stoked to do this together. We will get it all paid for this month sometime. :)

Love you!

Julie L

I wondered when I could never pull up post 11 ... I think you're right that some things are better left unsaid - at least in a public forum like these blogs are.

I love your blog and I'm glad you're doing it. I also really love your plans for the Triathlon. Great that you can do it as a team and take turns, each doing their own strengths. Good luck with the training. Hope your injuries finish healing fast!