CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 18, plans and goals

Plans, dreams, and goals that I have for this year.

I plan to get into a bigger apartment this year. This one bedroom stuff is overrated!

I dream about finishing my first children's book this year. It's in progress, but I have a wicked case of writer's block!

A huge goal that we have is that Casey will start applying for dental school in the Fall. It's such a long process, that they are encouraged to start applying when they are juniors. Ahhh!!! It's a huge step!!

A goal that I have, which is a little more "me" oriented, is to finally get AmeriCorps to fork over my $5,000 scholarship, so that I can pay off my student loans.

Also, I would like to get back into school-whether it be online or on campus. I am so close to my degree! (which I would have gotten a lonnng time ago if I hadn't changed my major. Urr!!)

And the goal I have been working on the hardest lately: In May I will run my first 10K race. (6.2miles) It's called the "Over the Dam Run", across the top of the Grand Coulee Dam, and along the Columbia River. I heard it is a gorgeous run!! Then at the end of May, my sister and I are doing a Triathlon together. So I have been training a ton for my races. I have been running almost every day (while pushing Emma.) And I have been riding my bike. (Also, while pulling Emma. Haha). I have been training daily in the unforgiving wind of Ellensburg...which has not been easy, but it will be worth it. I can't wait!!

1 comments:

Julie L

Those are great goals, Sylvia. Way to go! I know you can turn the dreams to goals to plans to reality! I am impressed that you've been able to battle so many challenges in the racing goals. And need to give a big huge award to the baby for enduring it all with you, too!