




If I could switch places with anyone for a day, who would it be?
I've been procrastinating a bit because I honestly am not too excited about this topic. I realize that the reason for this is because I cannot for the life of me think of anyone I would want to be, even for just a day! There are many people whom I admire, and people that I consider "lucky". But that doesn't mean they are necessarily happy. And even if they are happy, everyone has problems. So to switch places for a day with anyone would be simply exchanging your own problems for theirs. I'm really happy in my own shoes, complete with my very own problems. I love my family and friends very deeply, and I am extremely excited about the path we are on in life. If I were to switch places with someone, and live in a magnificent home, have fame, or have millions of dollars, etc....what fun would it be if I couldn't share it with the people I love? I would be with that "person's" freinds and family...and that could be a whole different point of unpleasantness. Maybe I've analyzed this too much? Nevertheless, I choose to write on a new topic. :)
If I could live in a different era for a day, when would it be?
I often daydream about living in another time. I think about the simplicity and the goodness of the 1950's, and the psychedelic '60's. But most of all I dream about the late 1800's, early 1900's. I am so intrigued by that that time period!
When I see old, abandoned buildings, I have the strongest urge to go inside and explore. I can just stare at them for hours.
I've been procrastinating a bit because I honestly am not too excited about this topic. I realize that the reason for this is because I cannot for the life of me think of anyone I would want to be, even for just a day! There are many people whom I admire, and people that I consider "lucky". But that doesn't mean they are necessarily happy. And even if they are happy, everyone has problems. So to switch places for a day with anyone would be simply exchanging your own problems for theirs. I'm really happy in my own shoes, complete with my very own problems. I love my family and friends very deeply, and I am extremely excited about the path we are on in life. If I were to switch places with someone, and live in a magnificent home, have fame, or have millions of dollars, etc....what fun would it be if I couldn't share it with the people I love? I would be with that "person's" freinds and family...and that could be a whole different point of unpleasantness. Maybe I've analyzed this too much? Nevertheless, I choose to write on a new topic. :)
If I could live in a different era for a day, when would it be?
I often daydream about living in another time. I think about the simplicity and the goodness of the 1950's, and the psychedelic '60's. But most of all I dream about the late 1800's, early 1900's. I am so intrigued by that that time period!
When I see old, abandoned buildings, I have the strongest urge to go inside and explore. I can just stare at them for hours.
Washington State Normal School opened in Ellensburg on September 6, 1891. (In 1937, the name of the institution was changed to Central Washington College of Education, and in 1961 to Central Washington State College. In 1977 it became Central Washington University.) Living in this town is sometimes like taking a trip back in time. I love to walk around the campus and try to imagine what life was like for those people who attended this very school so many years ago. The architecture in this town is amazing, and just dripping with history. It is fascinating to think about, not only the history of the University, but of the entire town as well. For example, how Ellensburg lost its bid to become state capital in 1890, and the great fire that was partly responsible. "On the evening of July 4, 1889, Ellensburg was consumed by flames. Mayor Abrams rushed back to oversee the deluge of aid that poured into the town and to marshal Ellensburg's citizens into quick rebuilding efforts. Ellensburg's active campaign to be named capital for the most part ground to a standstill as residents turned their attention to this more pressing task." (http://www.historylink.org) You can just look at those historical buildings, and see the people rushing to get their town back in order, working so hard- without any of the machinery that we have today.
I could go on and on about how much this era fascinates me. (Not to mention the whole Titanic story, but don't even get me started on that tangent.)
I would just love to step into history for one day, an go exploring. Wouldn't that be incredible!!?
I would just love to step into history for one day, an go exploring. Wouldn't that be incredible!!?







1 comments:
I have to say that I totally agree with you on this topic. I LOVED living in Ellensburg because just going on a walk could be filled with dreams and wonderment. I'm so happy that you get to walk the "path" I have walked before you... even if we didn't get to do it together. :)
Post a Comment