Wow. So first of all I'd like to apologize for this "30 Day" challenge taking waaay longer than 30 days. Haha. But life gets busy, and the blog gets neglected. I promise, however, to finish this thing eventually! :)
Today's assignment is to write about any nicknames that I have, and why I have them.
Well, Casey rarely calls me anything but "Love". And the reason behind that is probably because he loves me. ;)
My parent's often call me "Spillvia"...because let's face it. I spill everything. In 6th grade everyone in our class got to have their own cup of water on their desk throughout the day. This is when the nickname was assigned to me by my classmates. Apparently I have a hard time keeping water, or anything for that matter, from spilling. Eventually I brought in a cup with a lid. But to this day, my parents get a kick out of calling me that...and to this day the nickname still applies.
I've had a few other nicknames throughout my life. My friend, well mostly her dad, used to call me "Grace"...because I was just so darn graceful. You should have seen me falling up their wooden stairs...every time I came over. Haha. In high school my boyfriend continued to call me Grace.
I've had freinds call me "Sylvie", "Syl", "Syl Byl", and "Sylbo".
My sister and I call each other "Schwester". But that really isn't much of a "nickname", considering it is merely the word "sister" in German. (Our Mom is German, and has taught us the language from an early age).
So that's it...nothing too painful. I've heard some nicknames that other people have been given...making me feel grateful that my friends and family have been easy on me. ;)
Today's assignment is to write about any nicknames that I have, and why I have them.
Well, Casey rarely calls me anything but "Love". And the reason behind that is probably because he loves me. ;)
My parent's often call me "Spillvia"...because let's face it. I spill everything. In 6th grade everyone in our class got to have their own cup of water on their desk throughout the day. This is when the nickname was assigned to me by my classmates. Apparently I have a hard time keeping water, or anything for that matter, from spilling. Eventually I brought in a cup with a lid. But to this day, my parents get a kick out of calling me that...and to this day the nickname still applies.
I've had a few other nicknames throughout my life. My friend, well mostly her dad, used to call me "Grace"...because I was just so darn graceful. You should have seen me falling up their wooden stairs...every time I came over. Haha. In high school my boyfriend continued to call me Grace.
I've had freinds call me "Sylvie", "Syl", "Syl Byl", and "Sylbo".
My sister and I call each other "Schwester". But that really isn't much of a "nickname", considering it is merely the word "sister" in German. (Our Mom is German, and has taught us the language from an early age).
So that's it...nothing too painful. I've heard some nicknames that other people have been given...making me feel grateful that my friends and family have been easy on me. ;)







3 comments:
Yea, those aren't too bad. I have been called "Grace" too. Doesn't sound anything like Stacie, but I sure earned it well enough. ;)
There's a big difference between nicknames that are meant to slam the person and ones given in affection. Yours are all the latter. That's the way it should be! Mine have been, too. I have no complaints.
Aw- schwester!... ;) You forgot TIRD MONKEY!!! hahaha!
Post a Comment