CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh...life. You make me smile.


Over the weekend Casey and I went to his parents' house. Casey helped his dad and brother's finish building an awning for their backyard. I helped my sister in law (Brittany) pack up and clean to get ready for their move. All in all, it was a good time. I realized how much I appreciate the fact that Casey loves working hard. I also realized, however odd it may be, how much I enjoy cleaning. We spent the evening going to Wal-Mart to load up on snacks, and watching a movie all together. I spent Saturday morning with Holli, for some much-needed girl time and pampering. :) Breakfast and manicures...a perfect combo! After that we headed home, followed by Peter and Lacy in Peter's jeep. He was anxious to try out his new toy. He had just installed a new bumper/winch so that we can go further without having to worry about getting stuck. Well we went up into the mountains in Ellensburg, and we did get stuck. Many, many times. The snow was crazy deep, and the trip ended up taking almost 7 hours. It was fun, but we had our moments. Especially the little baby, who Casey described as "mood swing central". Lol! I ended up having to get out and walk a little ways, due to some severe car sickness. UGH. I get SO carsick...even when I drive. Even when I drive a very short distance going painfully slow. It's bad...so you can imagine how awful it got while sitting in the backseat, victim to the nauseating back and forth motion of the jeep slowwwwwlllly creeping up the snowy mountain at precisely 1.7mph. (Thank you Mr. GPS, even though I did lose my head toward you a bit for "getting us lost".) Then Emma started to puke, but nothing even came up besides water...yuck! WHAT an adventure. It was followed by an hour long wait later that night at the local Pizza Hut. All we wanted was a pizza...but apparently that was a little too much to expect. Because they messed our order up pretty bad! And to make matters worse, I forgot my cell phone. So after overhearing the guys behind the counter talking about how long I had been sitting there, and how he tried to offer me free drinks but I just wouldn't take them, I heard the phone ring. Then one of the guys came out to tell me that my "husband just called". Suddenly I felt like a teenager that was late for curfew. And suddenly I felt a little embarrassed. But then I just had to laugh, and appreciate that Casey cared about me, and may have even been concerned about me! ;) So I finally made it home, with some free marinara and a $10 credit to our Pizza Hut account. No, having an account at Pizza Hut does NOT make us fatty's. lol. The next day at church my Sunday School class was the best. After declining a rice crispy treat, one of the 11 year old girls looked at me, very concerned. She whispered, "if you aren't eating one because you are worried about getting fat, don't worry. You are soooo skinny!!" That remark, complete with some other pleasant compliments on my outfit, shoes, nails, and personality, I felt on top of the world. ;) Children are amazing. Who knew they could be such funny little mood lifters? So Monday seemed to be going fairly smoothly. You know, pretty uneventful. Until I was walking to my car in the Fred Meyer parking lot with Emma in my arms and I tripped over a stupid curb that was camouflaged by my unruly hair being thrown into my face by this treacherous wind! It was all slow motion as I plummeted toward the ground, holding Emma so tight as to not drop her little precious self onto the asphalt. Mission accomplished, no harm done. Well no harm to Emma, that is. My ego was bruised as I heard a man right behind me call out in alarm, and saw the woman in front of me rush over to make sure I was ok. But I hopped up faster than you can say "road burn", and that was that. Driving home I noticed the intense burning in my left knee and foot, the blood, and the gaping hole in my brand new Silvers. AARRGGHH!! Not my favorite jeans!!! :( That was the worst part. Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree with that one. Did I ever mention Emma's big spill a couple weeks ago? Well she tripped over a shoe, not a curb. But it was pretty much the same thing. Except for she didn't catch herself with her knee, but with her face. And it bled more. Much, much more. You know, it bled WAAAY worse than it actually was. This was due to the fact that it was a mouth wound. I didn't understand this at the time, though. All I saw was my baby's mouth filled with blood, and I panicked. It was everywhere! So much blood that I knew her teeth had to be loose. She was NOT happy. Well, who would be? Until Daddy walked in the door and took her in his arms, and then she was content. An E.R. visit and a couple hours later, all was well. She had a split lip. What a minor conclusion for such a dramatic experience!! The doctor did, however, discover infections in both of her ears and was able to prescribe her some meds for that. I think that was a lucky accident! I cannot believe how many new words and phrases Emma has been learning lately. I keep forgetting to write about it. Emma has a great love for stuffed animals and babies. Any time she sees one she exclaims, "Baby!!!" Lately she has also been asking them "how are you?" which sounds so funny coming from her tiny voice. She is still more friendly than ever, saying hi to anyone she sees! When she wants something she impatiently says, "Thank you!!". We have to remind her to say please first, then thank you. LOL! She also freaks out whenever she drops something, or forgets where she puts something. She spends a lot of time yelling, "Uh oh!! I dropped it!!!". Sounds more like, "uh oh! I doptee!!" Lol. She gets very concerned. Haha. One of the funniest things lately is the way she tries to say "milky". She says "bumpkey". So random!! She is really good at telling us where she wants to go (outside, car, shower, nigh nigh, etc.) and what she wants to do (Go!, show!-which means she wants to watch Open Season II, a bite...ahhh!, apple, nanna, etc). She mimics cats whenever she sees one, and she actually does a really good impression. Haha! She calls a duck a "quack quack", and she can say ear, nose, mouth, etc., while showing you where they are located. Another thing that is kind of new is that she will poke you in a cut over and over while repeating, "a owie!". That one is kind of unpleasant. Haha. Well she has been growing, she now weighs 22lbs. I'm not sure how tall she is right now though. But she is a couple months away from being 18 months...and you know what that means, right?? She will get to go to nursery in church!! :) Can't wait! Well I hope you enjoyed the little updates. With Easter coming up, there are going to be more updates, and lots of pictures to come!

1 comments:

Julie L

Thanks for the update - you had a busy busy weekend for sure. Sorry about the "owie" but was glad Emma survived it. I know just how you felt. I walked right into a glass door at the BYU Museum of Art when Susie and I went with Grandma and Grandpa a few weeks ago. Somehow nothing registered there was glass there. I hit it so hard I really truly believe I broke my nose, though haven't had x-rays to prove it (doctors all say they wouldn't do anything anyway). Everyone around me gasped in alarm, and asked in concern if I was okay, and mostly I just wanted to hide from embarrassment (and go somewhere where I could cry from pain - no I wasn't okay, but would I admit that?). Must just be a Hansen thing....